Soon it's the movie event of the year. =)

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Sonic Wanderer
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Soon it's the movie event of the year. =)

Post by Sonic Wanderer »

In just under 4 hours me and the missus is off to see the premiere of Lord Of The Ring - The Return Of The King. When I'm home again I'll be sure to post every spoiler and surprise here for you to wanna kill me over. 8)

Nifty pricetag on the tickets though. They cost about as much as 1 copy of the R64v2 CD each........... ah, it's a burdon I'm willing to bear. I have to see it!!!!! :D
-------------------------------------------------------
- People say I'm crazy. They're probably right. -
-- Sonic - A noise in the corner of your ear... --
-------------------------------------------------------
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

can't wait to see it, i'm off to see it too this week =)
o2
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by o2 »

Dont forget to see Kill Bill aswell.. :)
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

I just got back from a triple film 13 hour marathon, everything included... Inspite of all the destruction and brutality I found the movie very beautiful and by far the best of the 3...

I need to get up in 2 hours and I am not feeling too well so I better scoot off to bed... nitenite :)
<--- I went that way --->
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

seeing it tonight at the english box office opening :-)
soooooooo i to shall come back with spoilers galore :-D
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

I was invited to got to Bromölla and see the premiere today. Unfortunatly I had to turn the offer down as I'm going to my parents over the hol's tomorrow and still have packing and a bit of cleaning to do.
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

Lord of the what?
Isn´t there something REALLY interesting in the cinemas, like
another Bond (007 - Return of the Evil SID) or so ;-)
putzi
Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity
Location: Lund, Sweden. Fav colour: White. Fav remix: PPOT Comic

Post by Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson »

putzi wrote:Lord of the what?
Lord of the thing on a spring. I thought you knew that! :wink:
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Feekzoid »

Absoloutely awesome film. Stunning visually, musically, and the characterisation was excellent...

HOWEVER.

I dont think they explained "The Grey Havens" well enough - the person I went to see it with hadnt read the book, and just didnt get it, which lessened the emotional impact of the ending.

I'd say more, but it would be spoilerish.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

I'm gonna wait for the 15 disc Super-Special Deluxe Tripple Film Directors Collectors Extended Edit Boxset Special Edition . Thanks to devious marketting i paid to see the 1st film, paid for it on DVD not long after, then just HAD to buy the £50 extended version !!! - I bought the Two towers on DVD and they did it again..... - so this time, im just gonna hang on for whatever qualifies as the final version.

Films should be seen as intended, if i wanna see a chopped up version with loads missing ill goto the cinema. I hear Christopher Lee is boycotting the film since he was cut entirely from it which is the final cataclysmic battle over the shire between Saruman and Gandalf !! (7 minutes length).

Im sure its going to be a good film, but i refuse to be ripped off a 3rd time.

Just my 2p.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

I definitly see your angle Matrix. For a lot of movies, the cinema seems to be the ultimate advertising opertunity for the extended-for-later-release DVD instead of being the ultimate place to see the movie.

But I can also see Peter Jackson's angle. Getting people to sit in a cinema for more than 3 hours and 15 mins (the new one is something like that if I'm not mistaking) is quite a challange.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Indeed it is Makke.... It's a funny turnaround isnt it.. in the days b4 DVD, you went to the cinema, saw and enjoyed the film which was then released for tv in a cut manner for general viewing, and which then the cinema version appeared on VHS or Laserdisc.

Nowadays technology seems to be telling us to get the ultimate movie experience on a 20ft screen, followed by the ultimate movie experience at home with added scenes... why not just release the full version at cinema and on dvd as a complete superbit edition instead of having to wade through a deleted scenes screen ?

Most annoying.....

Thought this was funny too... Return of The King was out as a game on XBox b4 the film.... It used to be film first, game later :D With "THE MATRIX" you have to get the game in order "get" parts of the film because extended scenarios were in the game rather than on DVD...

Like i said - clever marketting, a very effective way of making Mr Consumer pay for a single product multiple times. Damn, i should sell my car in a similar way - I could get rid of my 4 wheel'd junkpile and buy a Lambo instead lol .....
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Small added note:

I have a version of Terminater 2 on VHS (which came from a converted NTSC American Laserdisc) which contains as a part of the movie - the fabled intro where we see the terminators on a production line being made... ya dont see that on any of the VHS or DVD editions at all !! (includes the extended attack sequence between sarah connor and the mental hospital caretaker, the dream sequence and the hospital tazer electrocutions footage)

So if it exists, why not release it ?

Whos waiting to see a Tripple film boxset director cut limited ... etc etc etc .. sometime ?

My buys this year then ? - Indiana Jones Boxset & Back to the Future Boxset ;)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

dupe post - sry.
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

A mate of mine has a laser disc system, paid a fortune for it. He has that Terminator set. This year he added a DVD player to the setup - and guess what he bought? That's right - Terminator 2 DVD edition! :shock:
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live