Galway in Fellowship of the Ring?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Galway in Fellowship of the Ring?

Post by Larsec »

I noticed this during the marathon I attended... During the first movie (at least) I noticed the beginning of Parallax several times... I believe the best place is when Frodo puts out the fire the other hobbits have made at Weathertop (?)... When they run to the edge to look at the Nazgûl I believe it is played... But I don't remember exactly... But it's inthere, several times :)
<--- I went that way --->
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

This came up before when they released the first of the trilogy: the general consensus was that it was a coincidence. Since the beginning of Parallax is a kind of mathematical progression, someone else was bound to do it sooner or later.

Chris
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

Chris Abbott wrote:This came up before when they released the first of the trilogy: the general consensus was that it was a coincidence. Since the beginning of Parallax is a kind of mathematical progression, someone else was bound to do it sooner or later.

Chris
Those were my thoughts as well... Can't remember it being brought up before, though... I guess I, too, am getting old ;)
<--- I went that way --->
XGener8or
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by XGener8or »

I read this a long time ago also :) Who knows, maybe Howard Shore played Parallax some time in the distant past and those notes went into his subconsciuos mind hehe.
carlsson
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by carlsson »

Yep, I noticed the exact same thing when my orchestra rehearsed the LoTR music. The Parallax progression appears in more than one of the themes too.

Side note: our orchestra found the music a big disappointment. Despite being on the second or most difficult level of arrangement, and despite being an Oscar winner (?), it is rather dull. We bought the arrangment for full price ($100 ?) but haven't performed it yet. Much too many small fragments of music and only parts of the orchestra used here and there. I'm not sure if it is Howard Shore's fault or the arranger, but people who saw the movie says it sounds like the arrangement...
Anders Carlsson