remix.kwed.org

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Matrix wrote:i have the discspace and the bandwidth.
(Taking a short break between exams to actually post something =))

When you say "bandwidth" you might want to know that last time I checked, RKO was serving 500 Gb per month. And that was about a year back.

In that respect, website traffic is a lot like money - when you reach a certain amount you stop worrying about exactly how much you got.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

500 Gig, SMEG !! lol .... well thats considerably more than i have available... im self hosting on a 512k DSL line see, oh well just the thought but thanks for the update Jan - some guys from Scoopex were asking me, so Ill pass it on.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Matrix wrote:500 Gig, SMEG !! lol .... well thats considerably more than i have available... im self hosting on a 512k DSL line see, oh well just the thought but thanks for the update Jan - some guys from Scoopex were asking me, so Ill pass it on.
Incidentally, I just got word that the database survived the crash. And I got a dump of the important bits of it. So that's my main concern with getting the site back up vanished. Yah!

Still no timeframe, I'm afraid. Waiting for Baffle to get the replacement box up and running.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Good things come to those who wait. :D

patience is a virtue.... etc etc

anymore of anymore?
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Jan wrote:
Incidentally, I just got word that the database survived the crash. And I got a dump of the important bits of it. So that's my main concern with getting the site back up vanished. Yah! [...]
:) Man, at least some good news! Now I hope that Baffle doesn't get a heartattack or something. :wink:

Something worth waiting for... (nah, not the heartattack!)
All is lost.