who else has done this ?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

OMG :shock: - I called my tapes "NOW THATS WHAT I CALL AMIGA MUSIC 1" & "2" !!! - the other is simply labelled "sids n mods"
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

Before I actually owned a C64 a friend of mine would record compilations of the latest C64 game tunes for me - I was a huge SID fan BEFORE I even owned a beige beastie. :)

I then went on to record my own audio tape compilations - and then eventually the audio CDs that are featured on the Binary Zone site.

Ahh, the hours of fun I had coaxing SID tunes onto tape and CD. (I've still got all my original tapes too!) 8)
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

Kenz wrote:Before I actually owned a C64 a friend of mine would record compilations of the latest C64 game tunes for me - I was a huge SID fan BEFORE I even owned a beige beastie. :)

I then went on to record my own audio tape compilations - and then eventually the audio CDs that are featured on the Binary Zone site.

Ahh, the hours of fun I had coaxing SID tunes onto tape and CD. (I've still got all my original tapes too!) 8)
I remember making my own audio compilations a few years ago.

Had no editing equipment whatsoever so it sounded really amateurish between tracks (lots of tape stopping sounds) & definitely _no_ fade outs :)

It was definitely a relief when I could call upon Kenz to produce compilations for me that were a tad more professional! Kenz's Custom Compi CDs were (and still are) quality recordings.

Paul
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Paul Chapman wrote:Kenz's Custom Compi CDs were (and still are) quality recordings.
AGREED! He did a really great compilation of my own SID tracks for me, with a fantastic CD cover design.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

I remember when Kenz first mentioned the Custom Compi CDs to me in a BZ letter.

The idea was to send a list of about 20-30 tunes to make a CD out of - I sent him a list of about 150-200 IIRC :) To say he was surprised would be putting it mildly.

It became a regular event on letters from Kenz as to how much cash I had put forward for all the Custom Compi CDs I would need. :) He still did all the CDs I needed so kudos to Kenz for his hard work.

Paul
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

hmmmm.

i did amstrad music....

yeah..... sue me...
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

4 tapes ??? I got to c64 tape 12 before I gave up and started on Amiga Datahits ;)
nosidtalgia

so i'm not the only one to have done this

Post by nosidtalgia »

glad i wasn't the only one to do this.

i still have some of my c90 tapes, i just filled them with c64 music from games and demos.

it was 198'something and i was doing a Youth Training Scheme in I.T.

i remember taking one of my c90 c64 tapes into the centre, and playing it to the rest of the gang.

Hubbards, The Last V8 was on there, they were impressed when the drums came in.

Anyway, they all thought i was pretty sad to do this, but then i played:

Human Race 4 (Goldrunner) Tune, they were impressed by that

I didn't realise but i had other stuff recorded on the tape, must have left the tape recording by accident. :oops:

There was a flight sim on the C64, (can't remember the title now) but it had some pretty rough (today standards) speech in it. So if your plane was in danger of stalling, a digital voice would give you a warning.

All you hear on this tape is this annoying voice that keeps nagging me to 'lower nose', or something like that, and eventually my patience gives way, and you hear me say "Shut The Frog Up" or summin like that 8)

They nearly fell off their chairs. Urgh !! i remember we trained by writing programes on Amstrad's 6128's and playing Green Beret during the lunch breaks
SID Lives