Any musicians out there...?

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
~J~
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Any musicians out there...?

Post by ~J~ »

Hi folks...!

If any of you has a musical talent, and can do me some remixed tunes, then let me know asap please.

I'm in the process of releasing a Beta (this weekend) of a classic C64 game, and can't for the life of me do anything musical.

The game will hopefully be released to the public in about 2-3 weeks time, it will be free, so I can't pay, so any contribution will have to be purely voluntary. I can guarantee a full credit it the game, my site, and perhaps more work from myself and maybe others.

Please visit my site and go to the WIP or games section to see what I'm working on, as well as some screenshots.

News of this remake is coming quite anticipated, and it was the top story on http://www.c64files.com, as well as http://www.remakes.org.

Let me know if you can help...

TIA
~J~
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

It didn't occur to you to ask someone who's already done a cover of Phantoms if you could use their MP3? There are quite a few versions now.

Chris
~J~
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by ~J~ »

Didn't know there were any - lol!

But if you could point me in the direction of someone who has, I'd be very grateful... :D
~J~
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

First, check out the charts on this site: at least Slow Poison (i.e. me and Boz) and Marcel Donné have produced versions. Also "Jordan" seems to have done one. Then you could check out http://www.c64audio.com/theshop.

Two CDs have versions on (Back in Time 3, Run/Stop Restore). There are also further versions on the Back in Time 3 CD-ROM...

Chrs
~J~
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by ~J~ »

Ahhhhh, you MAY be the Chris that Brad mentioned then.

If I were to use one of those files, what about obtaining permission. Do I simply pick which I feel is appropriate and ask the musician?
~J~
~J~
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by ~J~ »

I see Marcel Donné has done a remix.

Does anyone know if he is still active on these boards?
~J~
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Basically, choose the remix you want and then ask permission. All the remixers are contactable through links in remix64.com. And myself, Boz and Marcel are all active on these boards. No one has a problem with use of remixes in non-commercial games, especially retro remakes.

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> Brad
Brad?
Marcel Donné
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Marcel Donné »

~J~ wrote:I see Marcel Donné has done a remix.

Does anyone know if he is still active on these boards?
Yes he is ;) Although not as regular as I'd like to...

You can contact me through mdonne[at]xs4all.nl

Cheers,

Marcel
~J~
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by ~J~ »

So basically Chris, you're alla set of top blokes...! :lol:

OK, well MANY thanks, problem is I see the download site is kinda down, so I'll visit the people's site and contact them direct.

As for Brad - it is someone called Brad who is on another C64 audio site, he recommended you...!

BTW - whoever did this - http://www.c64audio.com/bit3/phantoms.mp3 - wants a medal!!! Love it - it's perfect...!
~J~
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

hehe, well you've just been talking with him ;)

Mr Abbott :)
~J~
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by ~J~ »

LOL - Ok, well that's kinda sorted that one out.

Right, gonna get home after work and take a serious look at these samples.

Thanks for the help folks, speak to ya soon... 8)
~J~
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

To be fair, each version of Phantoms is kind of a collaboration between me, Marcel and Boz. The final version of Phantoms on BIT 3 was actually added to by Marcel, who cooked up a load of Jarre-esque sequences to fit the source file, to great effect: Marcel later took this same file in another direction for his Magnetic Fields Phantoms. An earlier version of the same file was used in the "Compressed Mix" on RKO. So they're all basically manifestations of the same track.

Anyway, you can feature any one of them, basically. The BIT 3 one plays it quite straight: it hints at Magnetic Fields, whereas Marcel's basically kicks Jarre in the balls, says "I'm Magnetic Fields, OK?" and steals his wallet :)

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> gonna get home after work
That's quite common, I think ;-)

Because I've drunk too much caffeine today (ah, who am I kidding, I've had none today and I've got a headache because of it), I'm making the full BIT 3 Phantoms of the Asteroids track available for a limited time only. Enjoy!

http://www.c64audio.com/bit3/phantoms_full.mp3

(link should work about 1/2 hour after me posting this)

It's 10Mb because (a) it's long, and (b) it's 256kbps.

Chris
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

So if your on a modem, don't even start downloading ;)