Show archives?

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Show archives?

Post by Feekzoid »

Since I keep missing the shows - and dont have bloody broadband to enjoy them properly anyhoo - is anyone storing these streams anywhere that I might download off my unfeasibly fast connection at work?

Thanks
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

I've got Boz 'n Skitz show, and my own History Night show MP3'd here. I could set you up if you want to download them.

I know Skitz has got both as well, but not sure if they're up for grabs.

Anyway, if you're interested contact me and we'll sort something out.

makkeATc64DOTorg
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

I missed Boz 'n' Skitz's show as well but haven't got a PC at home at the moment. Getting a new one delivered today but it's anyone's guess whether I can get it all set up in time for Marcel's show tomorrow. :roll: :D

Can't play any re-runs of shows at work but can play any downloaded shows so I'd like to download the Boz 'n' Skitz show and the History night show, Makke. Is the download link appearing anytime soon? (no pressure, of course.... :) )

Paul
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

I won't be able to put up a download link, the best I can do is set up an FTPd an let you leech it of that.

You can use ftp with your average web browser, but it's a bit of a strain on the box since browsers always seem to open two connections.
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Show archives?

Post by Slaygon »

Feekzoid wrote:Since I keep missing the shows - and dont have bloody broadband to enjoy them properly anyhoo - is anyone storing these streams anywhere that I might download off my unfeasibly fast connection at work?
I have solved this issue now. At least partly.
Now I need to transfer the stuff that's going to be shared to the proper place, link it from http://c64.org/radio/ and we're a go.

Anyway, shouldn't be more than a week or two before it's all up and running.
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

Makke wrote:I won't be able to put up a download link, the best I can do is set up an FTPd an let you leech it of that.

You can use ftp with your average web browser, but it's a bit of a strain on the box since browsers always seem to open two connections.
Well, thanks to Slaygon, looks like there will be a link to the past shows soon anyway so won't need that ftp link after all. Thanks for your offer of help anyway, Makke.

Good Work Retro Radio Fellas! :)

Paul
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

We spoil you. ;)
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

Makke wrote:We spoil you. ;)
Reminds me a little of the Ferrero Rocher ads....

"Ambassador, Wis zis Slay Radio, you are really spoiling us" :)

Paul
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

Will the "most of the weekend" live broadcast be made available anywhere for download? I saw that a webcast was made of the show.

Missed out on the show live due to some family stuff to sort out Fri/Sat which meant I didn't get on here till this morning. :(

A chance to see the show again would be great as it's not often I get the chance to see people making complete arses of themselves while drunk instead of it being me. :P :)

Paul
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

Slaygon wrote:
Feekzoid wrote:Since I keep missing the shows - and dont have bloody broadband to enjoy them properly anyhoo - is anyone storing these streams anywhere that I might download off my unfeasibly fast connection at work?
I have solved this issue now. At least partly.
Now I need to transfer the stuff that's going to be shared to the proper place, link it from http://c64.org/radio/ and we're a go.

Anyway, shouldn't be more than a week or two before it's all up and running.
Is this proposed download archive happening eventually, Slaygon?

Chappers
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

Paul Chapman wrote:Is this proposed download archive happening eventually, Slaygon?
Um. Well...

Here's the story...

Kwed set some BitTorrent tracker thingy up for R:K:O, which I am using too... Currently, I have only 3 shows on there. This is due to me lacking a good way to actually seed these without having to have one process running for each seed (there's a lot of recorded shows).

We also need a few more seeds before we can go public with the tracker. Anyone willing to share a bit of bandwidth? Preferably someone with more than a modem at home. *grin*
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Slaygon wrote:Kwed set some BitTorrent tracker thingy up for R:K:O, which I am using too... Currently, I have only 3 shows on there. This is due to me lacking a good way to actually seed these without having to have one process running for each seed (there's a lot of recorded shows).

We also need a few more seeds before we can go public with the tracker. Anyone willing to share a bit of bandwidth? Preferably someone with more than a modem at home. *grin*
Damn! My cover is blown. Oh well, might as well shed some more light on it. :D

I have been modifying an open-source BitTorrent tracker (hence the bittorrent poll a while back) to make it fit RKO requirements. While I was at it I thought I might as well make it possible for only approved users to publish stuff as well (in order to prevent blood-thirsty swashbuckling pirates from using it to spread their z3r0-d4y wares and thus get yours truly in legal trouble).

Rather than keep the technology to myself I've been inviting people like Slaygon, Monty Mole (of longplays.c64.org fame) and other worthy C64-related sites to use it to spread out their bandwidth usage. My dream was (and still is) to build a proper peer-to-peer driven community hub for everything C64 related. Anyone who has tried grabbing the C64 longplay videos over eDonkey knows how painfully slow the process is. :?

I have also been asking around to get people to help seed the stuff, but with very little luck so far. So if anyone wants to chip in and help make the stuff available, please get in touch.
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:I have also been asking around to get people to help seed the stuff, but with very little luck so far. So if anyone wants to chip in and help make the stuff available, please get in touch.
Speaking of which - I need to ship off a dual CPU mobo to Sonic for this purpose...
Haven't gotten around to it yet though. Sorry Sonic!
Sonic Wanderer
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sonic Wanderer »

Slaygon wrote:Speaking of which - I need to ship off a dual CPU mobo to Sonic for this purpose...
Haven't gotten around to it yet though. Sorry Sonic!
Hey. I was just wondering what was going down with that. =)
Get in touch on ICQ, and we'll sort it out.

/
Sonic
-------------------------------------------------------
- People say I'm crazy. They're probably right. -
-- Sonic - A noise in the corner of your ear... --
-------------------------------------------------------