Bitlive 6: early confirmations?

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Bitlive 6: early confirmations?

Post by Subzero »

Sorry to be a pain in the butt chris et al, but im seriously thinking about attending now (why should I miss out, just coz its smelly old london :wink: ). Whats the tentative date again? Cuz I believe it was changed???
ElliotM
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by ElliotM »

Regardless of the date, for me Brighton=definite YES, London=definite NO

Anyone else?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I can't believe anyone who was at the Brighton concert would let a little thing like not being in their hometown stop them going to another one...

The date is tentatively the 18th September, but I can't confirm that until we have a venue.

Chris
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Chris Abbott wrote:not being in their hometown stop them going to another one...

The date is tentatively the 18th September, but I can't confirm that until we have a venue.

Chris
It took me 12 hours to get back from Brighton (that is no lie!) in the car, but will that put me off going to another event wherever in the uk, no, will it bollox.

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

Blimey!!! I posted this way back in february!!!!
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Chris Abbott wrote:The date is tentatively the 18th September, but I can't confirm that until we have a venue.
Chris
This is really *weird* :shock:

Last year, it was the very same day of the wedding of my best friend.
This year, it will be the very same day of the wedding of njoy.

:cry:
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Hmm, the London Brighton thing.... ok Pros n Cons:

London:
Pros: Great nightlife, lots to do, lots of places to stay, lots of venues, easy for continentals as its surrounded by major airports, ITS SOHO :) Raymond Revue Bar & Scanty Shops, London Eye, Troccadero Centre, Oxford St / Regent St Shopping, Forbidden Planet, Ann Summers :)

Cons: Muggings a plenty, easy to get lost, hard to park (and expensive overnight) unless you want you car nicked or to pay congestian charges, London is hard to drive in if you dont know ur way so u need train/bus which means huge taxi fares when u arrive to get where youre going, pickpockets, hostels for one night mean sharring rooms - if you dont know who youre with - fear for your valuables while asleep, Everything is expensive unless you goto a McDonalds or Pizza Hut, Its likly that Knightbridge will be closed off due to some massive pointless demonstration by a group of wheelchairbound iraqi female octagenarians willing to set themselves on fire for peace in the middle east - this makes taxi fares even higher - especially from victoria to soho. double booking (happened to me last year so i had to spend the night next to the themes) - and no affordable alternatives, London grime in general.

Brighton:
Pros: Easy to get to, great view, nice town, Jordan, nightlife, Lots of places to stay, very accessible, affordable, easy to navigate by foot or car, lots to do day or night, women by the metric ton, everything is nr the beach front, affordable parking, no congestion charges, studio is nr the venues, not so hard to get lost.

Cons: Jordan doesnt live there anymore, its harder for continentals to reach as it means bus or train from the airport, u have to use the M25 to reach it, its a LONG way for any1 from the uk, continentals arrive on plane almost there, broken parking barriers.

Please feel free to add to the list :)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Just a thought, but if it does turn out to be London...

Any chance of dating it close to the 5th ?
http://www.cts-online2.co.uk/Shows/ects04/Login.asp
ECTS see, may as well make a couple o days out of the trip. Plus ppl who dont have to attend weddings will be able to go ;)
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

Brighton: pro - rockwaldo lives there which gives me free room and board

London: con - rockwaldo lives in brighton!
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Feekzoid »

London: Used to live there, dont like it much these days but still know my way around, my sister lives there, I can get there very easily by getting on plane from Airport 35 mins away - arrive in london in one hour.

Brighton: Seriously convoluted trip from the highlands by road/train et all. Havent a clue where I'm going or where anything else is.

Sadly, those are the facts for me anyhoo.
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

If its brighton or london, i'd just fly from edinburgh again, none of this mega long trip crap!!!

There in an hour or so :)
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Feekzoid »

Hmm.. not so bad now that I see:

Flight departs Inverness at 11:55, arrives London Gatwick at 13:40
...and if tis truly only aboot 40mins from Gatwick to brighton then thats ok, just the accommodation that would need to be sorted.

Would still prefer London tho ;)
dan gillgrass

Post by dan gillgrass »

Forget how hard it is to get into London, my plan is to drive to the outskirts, just outside Brent Cross (cant think of the place,) get the Brent Cross tube and get in there....very easy and very accessible if you ask me.

Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

True, unless you miss the last tube :) Better if you've got accommodation fixed :)

Chris
dan gillgrass

Post by dan gillgrass »

Chris Abbott wrote:True, unless you miss the last tube :) Better if you've got accommodation fixed :)

Chris
THat would just be a place to leave the car (Cricklewood was the place I was thinking of,) would stay the weekend in a hotel someplace, just an idea to stop people trying to drive into London.