England non-zero score, Portugal non-zero score

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
DaveT
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

England non-zero score, Portugal non-zero score

Post by DaveT »

Hehehe... just a premonition :)

[edited for optimism and fairness by Chris ;-)]
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

don't like your premonitions much ;)
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

What kind of rubbish topic is this :?:

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

He's got those numbers the wrong way round :twisted:
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Zzapback
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Zzapback »

Nah, England will lose on penalties....probably. :wink:
The future is Retro...(sorta)
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

Zzapback wrote:Nah, England will lose on penalties....probably. :wink:
Nah - it's traditional for England to lose on penalties to the Germans, not to Portugal.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

yeap its traditional for us to underestimate one of their players totally and then that player stuffs us well and truly... so i expect us too lose.

we are crap in them situations... :-(
Zzapback
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Zzapback »

CraigG wrote:
Zzapback wrote:Nah, England will lose on penalties....probably. :wink:
Nah - it's traditional for England to lose on penalties to the Germans, not to Portugal.
True.
So I hope taking a 2-0 lead and then losing 2-3 won't turn into an English tradition against Portugal. (think euro2000 :wink: )

Not that I have any right to speak up about that. (think last weekend :roll: )

Interesting matches to say the least. 8)
The future is Retro...(sorta)
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

bloody hell, i can't believe i'm reading this...

Expecting us to lose inf? jesus... If i've ever met a more pessemistic person in my life!!!!
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Tas wrote:bloody hell, i can't believe i'm reading this...

Expecting us to lose inf? jesus... If i've ever met a more pessemistic person in my life!!!!
You haven't met my dad yet. At 1-0 last night,
My Dad wrote:That's it, game over. The Croatians will shut up shop, we've had it...
What are you having for lunch, Dad? Your own words in a sandwich :twisted:
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

heh..im a realist every single competition we get all up and say silly things like "this year.. this year we'll do it".. and the patriotismn is wonderful and is really great for our country BUT.. it always ends the same way.

and we are treated to the usual.. we played really well and we can only applaud the players... no we cant... we lost... we created the damn sport but we are shit at it... so im afraid i dont share the same optimismn as the billion and 1 fans out there.. and its better that way for me.

i got really hyper about us at france 98... really got into it and then... "lovely".. ever since then ive just lost faith in it and rather than get my hopes up only to go so low again i start low and i wont get in the position i once was again.. safer that way.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

lol, now your talking to a doncaster rovers supporter here mate...

i've followed them through thick and thin for 16 years now, i've known only misery, but i've always kept my chin up and after 14 years we got promoted twice!

KEEP THE FAITH! - i did and it was wonderful!
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

hehe... ya know ive been a chelsea supporter all my life too right from back in the day where we languished nicely in the 1st division never quiet looking like we'd ever get out of the rut of being good.. but not good enough.. watching the likes of qpr.. crystal palace all go ahead of us.. being taken out of our play off spots by annoying teams like norwich ffs.... then after all that time suddenly we was in the premiership and expected to do badly.

like all promoted teams of course... but 2 years on from that we aquired a certian player as our manager "mister vialli".. and then everything just when roar!!!!!!!!!!!... and ever since i have basked in that glory.

Im not a glory hunter at all.. if i was that then id be supporting the scum (man u for the non uk'ers)... im a avid fan of football and rarely have a bad word about other teams unless i have the right and the will to back up them claims (hence ive never said donny are crap.. cos they aint).

but i just cant ever seem to find the same faith in england as everyone else... there are 2 players from my team that are playing good and crap (lampard and terry respectively).. and hell im REALLY happy for lampard... he's pretty much gauranteed his place in the chelsea squad now.. whilst the rejects get ousted (cole, crespo, veron etc) just cos you asked nicely ill TRY to be a little more optimistic about england.. but i can never get that niggling feeling out of the back of my mind no matter how hard i try..

and that voice of john f'ing motson... saying can batty score this?... yes or no?... the other guy... yes.... the whole of england - BOLLOCKS!.. and it all came a crashing down....
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Tas wrote:KEEP THE FAITH! - i did and it was wonderful!
Well Infy should think what it's like to be a Man City fan like me, since I've started supporting them this is what I've had to put up with, it isn't pretty - a right rollercoaster!:

pre-Premiership:
1983 - relegated to Division Two - last day of the season
1985 - promoted to Division One - last day of the season
1987 - relegated to Division Two
1989 - promoted to Division One - last day of the season

post-Premiership:
1996 - relegated to Division One - last day of the season
1998 - relegated to Division Two - last day of the season
1999 - promoted to Division One in a dramatic playoff final where we scored two goals in injury time to come back and draw!
2000 - promoted to Premiership - last day of the season
2001 - relegated to Division One
2002 - promoted to Premiership - 108 goals scored in the league, 124 points overall, 99 points, Goat top scorer with 32 goals, best season for a long while!

And hell, we even had a UEFA Cup run last season to cheer on. So as Neil said, keep the faith and you do get rewarded...
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

now, I'd switch that for the conference any day!