England...

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

England...

Post by ifadeo »

Maximum RESPECT, what a game... what a team....that's football !!!!

you can be proud of your team !!!
i've got a vision:

WM final 2006: England vs. Germany

btw. keep the faith !!!

cheers ifadeo
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Thanks Ifadeo, we were well and truly robbed in full time tho! we didnt play the best game ever..but...we didnt deserve to lose :cry:

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I don't think either team deserved to lose, and thanks to penalty shootouts, no one really lost playing actual football...

Chris
DaveT
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by DaveT »

I have to say something too...
I've never seen in a tournament like this a game where the spectators in the stadium were all mixed, no team/country sections.
It's amazing and very pleasing to see all fans really enjoying the game!!
Everyone loved it and everyone was cheering with peers and "enemies"... very well done! Everyone chanting hymns and singing...Congrats.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

............................................................ what did i say? lol.

god i hate international football... we always do the same thing.
sitting back when we are 1 up.. we should have attacked.. its our best form of defence but instead we just pansied about the pitch like the arsenal all girls squad... and by god did we deserve to lose.

portugal played with heart and gave it all they had... we did what we do best and pretended we are something we aint.... its about time someone kicked the england squad hard in the arse and told them "1 nil does NOT mean we are winning".

we concede too much.. but we are capable of scoring.. but we dont.. we sit back scared of going 1-1.. and when we do which ALWAYS comes eventually.. only then do we get all bull dog spirited and give it our all.. so until the day comes where we do play like an england squad should.. expect that kind of drab.. crap england result always when it matters.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

oh your doing my head in inf!!!!

we was beat on penalties, had a perfectly good goal taken away from us!!!! We did every we could and we lost our most influential player very early on.

We did well, and sorry, we lost! But i am very very proud of the team!

Well done England! you did us proud!
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: England...

Post by CraigG »

ifadeo wrote:i've got a vision: WM final 2006: England vs. Germany
I hope not - England doesn't fare well against the Germans in important championship matches. (Imagines) Linekar: "Well, England lose again to the Germans on penalties - what do you make of that, Alan?"
Infamous wrote:instead we just pansied about the pitch like the arsenal all girls squad
Except the Arsenal woman's team is really good. Good point about the 1-0 thing though - it's something England really needs to deal with (along with getting a decent 'keeper, as I said in another thread here). Thinking about it, this is the first time in a long while that England has lacked a truly world-class goalie.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

Yeah... we relied too much upon poor mr rooney and yeap i admit i didnt expect him to be as good as he was.. and it was a really pleasant suprise for me.

so without his influence we cant play on and do well?.. look at the other teams for a second.... particulary the czech republic.. how many superstar players do they have?.. and i mean REAL superstars... 1.. mr pavel nedved.

he's on the bench.. and STILL they do well against germany.. they play with passion and give it there all and they definetly dont think 1 nil is a good scoreline to sit back and relax on... yeah england played ok.. but we could play a thousand times better than that.. and we know it, they know it and by good god the manager know's it.

cant wait to see rooney give it some during the world cup.. hopefully other young stars will begin to shine just as brightly as he (king, cole, cole again lol etc)... we learnt a harsh lesson with this game.. and a harsh lesson off of a team we leant a harsh lesson of of before... we never learn.

and goalkeepers... good god... someone PLEASE buy paul robinson and give him a 1st team place in the premiership!.. he was pure class back in the o'leary day's of leeds.. and deserves some kind of recognition.. james is ok.. but he aint world class.

good luck to portugal though. hope to see them in the final... it always makes me feel better to know the team that just stuffed us at LEAST makes it to the final.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

As i said before... The influence of rooney was scarey!

who to blame tho?

THE PRESS!!! THE HYPE!!!

We were playing great football until rooney came off. And rooney wasn't the reason why we lost it and nor was the team. It was the press..

They bombarded on and on about him being all fantastic and when he came off the team lost confidence not ability. The pressure on rooney didn't effect him, but that bounced off onto the rest of the squad. I think they thought they was a beat team without rooney. And thats because of all the rather over the top reporting.

The Squad was good enough to win the championships, afterall apart from the czechs all the other teams have looked nothing more than average.
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Rafael Dyll »

Well, just for the sake of completeness: I have just returned from a 3-day trip to the UK, where I was forced to watch the Germany-Czech game alone in a hotel room. What a p*sser. Needless to say, if you let the Czechs shoot twice and actually let them score both times, you're just crap. Shame on Germany, what a waste. Actually, the real problem with us is that we just don't have a good striker at the moment - no Völler, no Klinsmann, no Bierhoff. And you just need that. We have a very good defence, one of the best goalkeepers, a good midfield... and no bloody striker. End of story.

On to England. I watched this game too (yes, again alone in the hotel room, sad innit?) and really had my fingers crossed for them. I was well impressed by the spirit, seems like you guys took over from Germany on that department. Well done. Excellent game, whished England had won. Some excellent attempts on both sides, Portugal doing more for the game, but Engand being dangerous and brave to match. Sad to see Rooney go off, but it really cracked me up when penalties came up and the english commentator said: "Oh no.. here we go again..." At least you guys have a sense of humour. Over here, Völler gave up his job.