NEW! Arkanoid - the first time in C64-remixing history

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

Welcome onboard Mr. Knight

Appreciate the energy in the track! It's lacking a bit of punch in the mixing of the drums esp. Mind you it's not that easy to mix live drums (actually the signature sound starts with the recording itself).

Try some Waves Renaissance compressors (Electro and Warm settings, slightly into overdrive) and follow by a L1 limiting a couple of extra dB, and perhaps add a touch of very short gated reverb here and there it might beef things up a bit.

Looking forward to hear more :)
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

Lagerfeldt wrote:Welcome onboard Mr. Knight

Appreciate the energy in the track! It's lacking a bit of punch in the mixing of the drums esp. Mind you it's not that easy to mix live drums (actually the signature sound starts with the recording itself).
That's an important point! Since I didn't do the drum recording myself I had to live with the signals I was supplied with. For example I only got a signal of the snare miked from above having a good tone (OOIIIIINNNNGGG!) but lacking high frequencies you can only get from miking under the snare. Though the signals aren't bad, my mixing and mastering skills are a lot (and I mean a lot!) better at TV-ads than heavy music. :roll: But...practice makes perfect! :)
Lagerfeldt wrote: Try some Waves Renaissance compressors (Electro and Warm settings, slightly into overdrive) and follow by a L1 limiting a couple of extra dB, and perhaps add a touch of very short gated reverb here and there it might beef things up a bit.

Looking forward to hear more :)
Actually I'm already using most of the waves plug-ins. In my opinion today "good" sound is still rather a question of applying the right know-how and technique than having the "right" equipment, whereas I have to admit that using the right equipment can be part of the know-how, too :)
Thanx for your sympathy! :)