Name the original?

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
DaveT
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Name the original?

Post by DaveT »

Hi,
This is kinda odd since I mean to know not a remix of a c64 tune but the original tune the sid is a remix. The sid in question is Classical 1 from Ashley Hogg.
The story so far... Long time ago in a covertape (17) from Zapp64 came a music demo featuring music by Ash Hogg (CJ, Nobby) and I got hooked to the 2 classical tunes. Some time later I heard one of those tunes on the TV (don't remember wich one)!! I was awestruck... I had to know the name of the music. But alas in that time there was no Internet...
Fast forward to present... I had a friend doing the conversion of my covertapes to TAP's and I remembered that episode...
I learned from STIL that classical 2 is a remix from "La Serenissima" but I don't know the name of the classical 1's original... Can any1 more knowledgable give a hint?
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Despite the name Ashley Hogg gave to it (classical 1), this track isn't a classical piece.

The original one is a end-seventies track (called "La Serenissima") by the "virtual group" Rondò Veneziano.

This virtual group was in reality some good producers / musicians (Reverberi and Giordano) who did an LP with music "inspired" by the one played in the renascimental Venice.

They scored big success in italy and other places, so they did about 20 LPs, , without anyway doubling the success of the 1st one.

By now, some italian djs are taking back those tracks, covering them in a more danceable style.

BTW: "La Serenissima" is a way that was used in renascimental times to name the city of Venice.

BTW2: many years ago Njoy did a mod remix of one of the tracks of that LP. That mod won at some scene party i don't remember in Innsbruck.

cheers.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
DaveT
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by DaveT »

So Classical 1 AND 2 are from the same group (Rondo Veneziano)?
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Yes.
Classical 2 true name is "La Serenissima" by Rondò Veneziano, maybe their most famous track.

Classical 1 true name is "Odissea Veneziana".

cheers.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
DaveT
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by DaveT »

Cool, thanx a lot... another mistery from ages past is solved :)
rambones
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by rambones »

Red/Judges made this tune famous in "Crazy Sample",
/Red/Crazy_Sample.sid
..Ride the SIDwave!!
http://www.janharries.com