GET YOUR ARSES IN GEAR AND BUY A TICKET!!!!!!!!!

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Well, things would have got even more ugly financially if it wasn't for PPOT, Skitz and Boz.

At least the 150 people we're expecting actually deserve the concert they're going to get, though. And hopefully the DVD will kick some ass when it's released.

And there will be more C64 CDs, just not as many as before.

Chris
SIR'86
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by SIR'86 »

I've not seen anything in the press about BIT Live 2004. Could we somehow get it mentioned on a major website, like Slashdot, BBC, Blues News or other sites?
-- Steve

SIR'86
Old Time C64 Artist.
Sir's C64 Art Gallery
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Actually the news has been submitted to Slashdot and NTK any number of times, but this time they flat out refused to print it, even though there are any other number of crappier stories. And PR went out to thousands of journalists.

I guess we're just not interesting any more.

Chris
hyperhack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by hyperhack »

They are a bunch of w*nkers for taking that attitude! I bet most of them used to mess about with 8 bit machines like the C64 and Speccy in their youth as well! Sounds like they are way too high up their own asses to realise!
C= cult never died it just went away and now

ITS BACK WITH A BANG!
SIR'86
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by SIR'86 »

Saw on Blues News today a new site that's about milestones in computer gaming. However home computers don't get mentioned at all. No C64, speccy, Apple II, ST, Amiga. These machines were the foundations of computer gaming, but there seems to be a tendency to rub these out of official computer game history and give consoles all the credit instead.

So I assume that the C64 isn't 'sexy' any more. :(
-- Steve

SIR'86
Old Time C64 Artist.
Sir's C64 Art Gallery
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

SIR'86 wrote:Saw on Blues News today a new site that's about milestones in computer gaming. However home computers don't get mentioned at all. No C64, speccy, Apple II, ST, Amiga. These machines were the foundations of computer gaming, but there seems to be a tendency to rub these out of official computer game history and give consoles all the credit instead.

So I assume that the C64 isn't 'sexy' any more. :(
So I assume it's a miserably edited site, nothing else. Who cares.
All is lost.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Nobody look at me...

I did the poster, the dvd cover and have advertised on every commodore forum i post on plus some i dont.... i didnt buy a ticket yet because ive had a medical issue which threatens my attendance, in fact i wasnt sure until today i could even attend. To cap THAT !! the main pc took a spike on the mains which wiped out the power supply, mobo 2 hard drives and 3 cards.. ive had to salvage it and rebuild into a new machine since its a paid for use server... forum host, graphics host etc etc u get the idea, and ive had to put up with the stigma of a dell optiplex p2 with sod all ram for a while... hence no rotating banner (sry chris)... but u were lucky to get the poster...

Ive made arrangements to bring lewis (Evil Zippy) down again this year, but we will be paying on the door.

Links of proof:

126 views:
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/vie ... forum=16&3

57 views:
http://www.amigagames.com/modules/newbb ... 58&forum=1

299 views:
http://www.commodoregames.com/forums/vi ... .php?t=211

66 views:
http://www.lynnemusic.com/messageboard/ ... a490f2bf26

(I put a post in the gaming chat at bouffy's forum, seems to have been deleted though)

SIR'86
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by SIR'86 »

I've also posted a bit of info on the DVD Forums gaming forum. I couldn't put a proper advert up as they don't allow advertising, but I mentioned it and hopefully raised awareness.
-- Steve

SIR'86
Old Time C64 Artist.
Sir's C64 Art Gallery
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Thanks SIR :)

Although awareness is only half the battle. I'm aware of the London sewage system, but I don't want to buy a ticket to visit it :lol:

Sorry, been waiting ages to produce that joke!

Chris
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

I bet the effort left you feeling drained, Chris. Or are you flushed with success? :lol:

I posted on the Live Publishing (RETRO GAMER) message board this week, reminding people it's the last one.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Dayum, SIR - didnt know u were as close as Sheff m8 lol ... 40 mins up the road at best :D M62 / M1 - If ya wanna meet up one day drop me a line, i goto the Meadowhall quite often, actually it could make a real good meeting place for the boys from Donny too !
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Donny Boys???

Lol, that'd be me and er.... me ;)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Well, you look like more than 1 person in a suit ;) - ok so bwhahaha just the 3 of us, could be a laff :)
zerozillion
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by zerozillion »

150 people?! :-/

most people are asses when it comes to pay sth to get sth. i mean, they grab all the free stuff and gone they are.

and if the tickets would cost twice as much or even more (and the flight...), nothing can stop me from seeing that :)

too bad that rob won't be there. but i'm sure it will be great anyways!

i want lotsa hubbard tunes!
what roughtech sounds like
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Come wearing the mask :D