How Much You Love The C64

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
hyperhack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

How Much You Love The C64

Post by hyperhack »

Okay post all your praise for the great C64 here!

Let's hope that Larsec's varied sense of humour doesnt get this locked as well!!!!!!!!!

@Larsec, in the other thread about speccy's it was only a bit of fun. I don't see how a few people having a laugh about the speccy was getting out of hand? We werent flaming or trolling one another just the speccy as a bit of fun. Hell I even had a spectrum as well as a C64 and even If I may be so bold to say that I thought some games were better on the spectrum, bit more playable, less blockiness. The Renegade games for example, However the sound on the C64 was the best part of it for me. I thought some game gfx sucked but the loading pictures by SIR'86 were the bizzness! :P
C= cult never died it just went away and now

ITS BACK WITH A BANG!
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

10 Poke 53281,4
20 poke 53280,0
30 print "yeah baby"
35 cls
40 poke 53281,6
50 poke 53280,4
60 print "C64 Rules"
65 cls
70 goto 10

:)
SIR'86
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: How Much You Love The C64

Post by SIR'86 »

hyperhack wrote:... However the sound on the C64 was the best part of it for me. I thought some game gfx sucked but the loading pictures by SIR'86 were the bizzness! :P
:oops:

Thanks for the kind words!

I've owned many machines, ZX81, C64, Speccy, Atari 800, Amiga, ST - heck I've even got a couple of Acorn Electrons in my loft.

But the machine I remember most and have the most regard for is the C64.

The C64 gave me my entry into the games biz, and enabled me to become (reasonably!) well known. The C64 also had one major advantage over the other micros - Compunet. Compunet created the demo scene. It took the cracktros, legitimised them and turned them into computer works of art. It also created communities of users who all competed to get the best out of the machine. A lot of people working in gaming today started out making demos for Compunet on the C64.

I also loved the Amiga, and once I got that computer my C64 became sadly neglected. But I didn't do that much on the amiga - most of my known work was on the C64, which is another reason I'm more into the C64 these days than the Amiga.
-- Steve

SIR'86
Old Time C64 Artist.
Sir's C64 Art Gallery
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

I know what it was all about, but never once do I remember having a thread on these boards encouraging people to hate, whether for fun or not and I think these boards are better off without any, fun or not...

These boards are very different from most of the other messageboards I have seen around the net. They are calm and polite and many people (especially newcomers) tend to overlook this and say whatever they usually say on other boards...
<--- I went that way --->
dizimatt

Post by dizimatt »

s:
moveq #0,d0
lea data,a0
moveq #6,d2
move.w #%0000001000000000,d3

writeit:
clr.b d0
move.w d3,d0
move.b (a0)+,d0
move.b d0,$dff030
clr.b d1
move.b $dff018,d1 ;test buffer
rol #3,d1
btst #1,d1
bne wait

cmp #0,d2
dbne d2,writeit
rts

wait:
btst #1,d1
bne wait
beq writeit

data:
dc.b 'Miggy Rulez'

:D
WOO Gwafix!
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Gawd theres always one isnt there lol ... :lol: Where you get ur copy of Devpac lol ...
hyperhack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by hyperhack »

Matrix wrote:Gawd theres always one isnt there lol ... :lol: Where you get ur copy of Devpac lol ...
I think he got it off a cover of amiga format matrix along with myself :lol:

However the dodgy SEKA assembler was good for debugging and devpac wasnt really :D ooooh sooo many registers so little time :lol:

ITS BACK WITH A BANG!
hyperhack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: How Much You Love The C64

Post by hyperhack »

>Thanks for the kind words!

No problem, always glad to give credit were its due. Your efforts certainly aleviated some of that boredom waiting for games to load!!

I remember trying to have a go myself with some paint program on the C64 (being quite arty at the time) and I couldnt believe how hard it was because of the limitations! From then on when I saw one of your loading screens I appreciated how much time must have gone into them to create something that was so close to the box artwork!

I think we need to pester the bitlive team to show your screens on the big screen as a celebration of your work and to remind us of the good times when had :D

ITS BACK WITH A BANG!
SIR'86
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by SIR'86 »

I did have the advantage of using a Koala Pad and Koala Painter which made it much, much, easier. (Still not THAT easy though - got to keep some of the credit. :roll: )

I heard that Bob Stevenson used a joystick. How the heck he ever managed to do those fantastic pictures with joystick, I'll never know.
-- Steve

SIR'86
Old Time C64 Artist.
Sir's C64 Art Gallery
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

heh, i used a joy with vidcom - it was NOT easy lol ...
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

The best C64 listing is on the side of PPOTS current cd :)
hyperhack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by hyperhack »

Like the stone cold and cool avitar there Subzero! *ahem* puns in there somewhere!

So your the MAME meister around here? do you have the *ahem* complete lastest romset? *cough*

*edit*
happy birthday for today dude!

ITS BACK WITH A BANG!