So who were you ?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

LMan / Remix64 wrote:I was nobody.
Me too. I was too young in those days.

I've always felt like I was born 10 years too late. :|
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

Makke wrote:I've always felt like I was born 10 years too late. :|
You must be right! I just read in an ancient thread that you love
Pantera and Faith no more (just like me).
Well, 1994 they had their big time. :cry: :lol:
Sorry....
Did you catch one of them live in concert?
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

LMan / Remix64 wrote:I've also made a few games with "Gary Kitchen's Gamemaker" and "SEUCK". Hmmm... must release them some day. :)
Hey, sounds cool, would love to see them!
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Rafael Dyll wrote:
Matrix wrote: Wonder if any of you made it to the 1992 Anarchy hosted CopyParty at Bridgewater... hmmm
Yep, I was there. Even entered the mod competition. came all the way from Germany by train, met up with my buddy Bjorn in Denmark and headed up to the bloody cold north. We stood in the cold for about 4 hours before the mysterious bus came to pick us up and took us to the huge hall in the middle of nowhere. Spent 3 days composing, laughing, copy... erm, playing games. We were there with the other members of Quartz. I remember meeting a few guys who went on to join Core Design.

Actually, i think you didn't mean the Aars Party II by Anarchy, Crystal and Silents did you...

it feels akward you using my handle now that I think of it mate. :wink:
LOL yeah i guess it could feel wierd... I was Android back in those days, and no, i didnt mean Aars Party 2 - sry. Funny thing is we've prolly met and didnt know it at the time - had loads of Quartz stuff on the miggy tho - classic stuff :)

A real shame TSB-Uk brought it to a head for me b4 i began a new on the Pc.... Yeah a real shame that the moment my back was turned (at the club) my miggy decided to have a drink of pepsi too.... coincidence ? no proof ..... Sux.
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Steve B »

Tas wrote: Har, i remember you lot... Untouchables.

So, you had a war with Automation did you? join the club mate! Big headed assholes they were at the time!

I'll never forget pompey priates being so impressed with one of our menu's that they ripped the code and used it themselves in a few menu's of theirs!!! Cheeky sods! ;)
can you remember what disks they used your code on ? (i have automation disks 1 to 460 in .ST format)
I C 64 People

Computers can never replace human stupidity
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Romeo Knight wrote:Did you catch one of them live in concert?
Sadly, no. I was going to a Pantera concert in '96 or '97, but fell ill the day before the concert (which also was the reason that I missed a King Diamond concert. I'm rarely sick, but I tend to get it before concerts I really want to go to). I was thinking of going to see them when they were in Sweden again a couple of years back, but decided not to. Pantera had were way passed their prime then.

The last time Faith No More was in Sweden the tickets were sold out in an hour, so I didn't get one even though I'd planned to go. :|
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

Makke wrote:Pantera had were way passed their prime then.
You're right again. I saw them around 2000 or something in Cologne, when Phil Anselmo just recovered from his functional death due to heavy drug abuse. :roll: He looked like a badtempered catweazle straight out the woods, and the band played for only one hour. :x
But at least I caught a pick of Dime! :)
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

merman wrote:
LMan / Remix64 wrote:I've also made a few games with "Gary Kitchen's Gamemaker" and "SEUCK". Hmmm... must release them some day. :)
Hey, sounds cool, would love to see them!
Hehe okay. Here's a little fun game named "Fische versenken", which means as much as "Sink the fish". To sink a fish... well you'll figure out. :D This has been done in Gamemaker, the score counter seems to be buggy.

A real shame is, I have lost all my source files, and worse: all my other Gamemaker games for good (drat drat & double drat). Is there a Gamemaker decompiler? Anyway, download here:

<b><a href="/stuff/fische_versenken.prg">fische_versenken.prg</a></b>

The second game is a SEUCK game about Garfield's escape from an animal shelter. I think it's only semi finised, with pretty poor gfx. Keep in mind I was about 12 back then... :lol:

<b><a href="/stuff/garfield.prg">garfield.prg</a></b>

I have done 2 episodes of a "Commando"-like game in SEUCK, I'll see if I can dig them up. Those had nice gfx...
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

LMan / Remix64 wrote:I was nobody.
Me too. Later I observed the Amiga scene and collected lots of of mods and demos mainly from aminet, parties and some leet CDs. Used Max's BBS for a while and got a nice phone bill as well. 2600 baud is not enough. :-) I got 2500 DKR for my C64. Hurrah for emulation.
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

(Sorry to disrupt the topic again)

LMan, thanks for those! The fish game is very good for Gamemaker, and sorry - I don't know of any way to decompile the game. Garfield is clever, and I like the backdrops.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

That the same group as Flash Productions Inc ? The one that used to do a lot of B-Spline stuff on demo's ?
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

Andreas Wallström wrote: Ifadeo, what was your handle i Flash CG?

Andreas
i joined Flash Cracking Group as they went to the amiga, the members
at that time are(if i remember right): Flash(henning leise), PBA(ralf thanner), SMF(thorsten hopf) and prime evil(myself)...

back in these days i had a lot of contacts & friends i the scene, like:
FDT & Dr.Mabuse from AFL, TDI, IRATA, Tristar, PBA, Jabba, Florasoft, Yeti, 7up and Romeo Knight...
all from my hometown düesseldorf, which was a good place for the scene... :wink:

cheers ifadeo
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

ifadeo wrote: i joined Flash Cracking Group as they went to the amiga, the members
at that time are(if i remember right): Flash(henning leise), PBA(ralf thanner), SMF(thorsten hopf) and prime evil(myself)...
You had another handle before that time but I can't remember...
what was it?