Neat Sanxion Loader Remix!

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
midian

Post by midian »

Thanks for all of your input and feedback on the Sanxions remix. I have taken note on some things I will have to change for the future. So what is the dark side of C64 about then??

I don't know if I will do any more remixes..... but if I do, which one should I do?

Midian
remix647uk

Post by remix647uk »

An idea may be to step back a little and do some research first.

Find out about the Remix 64 community - who the players are etc.

Listen to different styles and techniques, and THEN decided which tune to rip apart :)
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

midian wrote:(...) So what is the dark side of C64 about then?? (...)
Getting hooked on remixing C64 tunes. ;)
Don't be picky...this was a fast one.
midian wrote:(...)I don't know if I will do any more remixes..... but if I do, which one should I do?
Midian
Uhm... Darkside? :wink:
All is lost.
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

I find your lack of faith in the forces of retro music disturbing. ;)

I don't know what Romeo meant with epic but I found the classical beginning great and the SID sound that followed anti-climatic. Not that the SID sound is bad but to my ear, at least in this instance, they don't mix well. I find your remix quite good though. May you have a long and prosperous remix future.
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

exoskeleton wrote:I don't know what Romeo meant with epic but I found the classical beginning great and the SID sound that followed anti-climatic. .
Well, I'm german and so I often miss the right expression. But reading your statement I'm pretty sure we have the same feeling about this remix.
I just expected the main parts to suit the beginning in atmosphere and intensity.

@midian: Great effort! Am I right that you're thinking about reworking this thing?
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

Now this was a nice suprise, great work Midian i really hope you decide to do a few more remixes.
midian

More to come.....

Post by midian »

Thanks Dumper and others for your support. I'm currently putting together another of Rob Hubbard's famous tunes - Thrust.

Unfortunately I haven't owned a C64 in over 15 years and have missed out on some really good tunes. Could anybody let me know which ones to look out for?

Cheers,

Midian
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

Damn, that's a toe-tapper! Smashing job!

Muddy bass on my sound-setup which largely relies on my monitor stands as a reverberator for my bass driver - sounds fine here :D
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

Excellent remix there Midian!

Good to know a fellow "Milton Keynes, Satan's Lay-by" person is remixing SIDs :)
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org