Amiga or C64 remix?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Karl

Amiga or C64 remix?

Post by Karl »

Hi, just have a couple of questions.

1. I tried to upload to kwed and got the same error message several other people here has reported. Guess we'll jus have to wait it out. But then I started thinking, is my Sanxion mix supposed to go to kwed or amigaremix? The reason I'm asking is that it is based, or heavily influenced, on a pretty strange version I heard on the Amiga ages ago. I started on the mix, also ages ago, and suddenly I found it on my personal copy of the modland files. So I began work on it again and a version was tried released unsuccessfully.

The Amiga version I'm talking about can be found here:
ftp://ftp.modland.com/pub/modules/rob%2 ... sanxion.rh

Deliplayer will play it. Don't know what else will tackle the format.

Should such a version go to kwed, or amigaremix?

2. I would like to have them reviewed and commented and maybe touch up the parts that you think could be improved, before uploading to kwed/amigaremix, but I have a slight problem.

My ISP is deleting mp3's without notice even though they are my own. They won't even discuss the subject :( Mp3 is an illegal file format - if any such thing exists. Being stuck with modem (yeah we still exist :D) is there any solution to how I can get around this problem?

The only solution that comes to mind is a double-zipped and password protected file, but it sound crazy having to do this.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
--Karl
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Then upload something that doesn't look like an MP3 file.

a) rename the file to remix.txt
b) zip the file to remix.zip
c) embed the file in another file, e.g. a picture, via steganography
d) encrypt the file
e) encrypt the file and embed it in another file
f) recursively apply previous steps

I doubt you have to resort to anything other than a. :-) Oh you already mention zipping. Well you can also create a sfx. I'd guess they use a tool to scan for *.mp3 files; they may also scan to see if the file is actually an mp3 file but I doubt they check exe files.
Karl

Post by Karl »

Thanks. Yes, double-zipping with pw seems the way to go, as they do check the content, except now I've uploaded the place with other crap so it's kind of filled up right now. They also delete the biggest file when auto-deleting due to space constraints - bastards :D No regards for modem users who spend hours waiting for their upload. Lame excuse though, since I've got high speed at work.

Anyone on number 1, amiga or c64 when based on amigaversion?
--Karl