Some nice movie-tune, SID-like, sortof...

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Karl

Some nice movie-tune, SID-like, sortof...

Post by Karl »

Hi

Just got a movie preview-tip off of a friend, which had some nice tune. Apparently a band called M83 made that particular song, which is named "Unrecorded" from their album called "Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts". More info about, and some links to this russian (no kidding!) movie can be found here:

http://chasingthefrog.com/forums/archiv ... t-328.html

The reason I post this here is that the music, which I will categorize as ambient electronica or thereabouts, contains loads of SID like instruments. I mean massive chords played on a nonfiltered sawtooth, slow moving, full, bright, and acts like a goosebump factory, then combined with more natural instrumentation.

The song "Church" from the same album even has a couple of SID toms at one place. In many ways, I think these tunes can be compared to that of Times of Lore in terms of slowish pace and bright full harmonics.

I've been listening to this all day, and I'm still getting boosegumps. Never heard much of this sort of stuff before, just thought I'd mention it.

Which brings me to a question: Now that I have been enlightened, does anyone know of similar music, slow and relaxing, which has similar SID-like instrumentation from the "real world"?
--Karl
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

it does sound very c64ish your right...

But what a good looking film that is... i havn't heard of this before but i am really looking forward to seeing it now..

Thanks for brining it to my attention, this looks one awesome film!
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

Yeah, I agree with Tas, that movie looks GREAT!! A bit like what Highlander SHOULD have been ...

And it's part 1 of a trilogy too - cool! 8)
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

Thanks for the tip.

I got the movie now. Haven't seen it yet though. =)