A new member, a new remix (Ghouls'n'Ghosts)

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
MFE
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

A new member, a new remix (Ghouls'n'Ghosts)

Post by MFE »

Greetings all.

Well, an introduction seems like a good place to start! Miguel Ettema here, born in '77, a remixer and original composer from Australia who does so in between his paying job as a veterinarian and part-time marine scientist.

I grew up with my trusty C-64 and all the great games and apps that came with it, and I still have it tucked warmly away in the back shed. Hasn't been turned on in years, but I just can't bring myself to throw it away :?

Anyway, I discovered remix.kwed.org not too long ago, and was impressed with the quality of some of the remixes... but the one piece that I really enjoyed listening to wasn't featured there. So I figured I should pull my finger out and do it: The title music to Ghouls'n'Ghosts by Tim Follin.

I managed to get my submission into the que, but then I haven't been able to access remix.kwed.org for the last 3 days... don't know if the site is down or what. Either way, I figured I'd let the folks here have a preview of my attempt before Jan accepts or rejects it. You can find it here:

http://www.dolphinwave.org/elsol/ghoulsghosts.mp3

That link can be a bit tempremental at times, but most times it does work, and it's the only large-space hosting area I have. I look forward to your comments, and to making future contributions when I have the time to!

Cheers,

Miguel
-

"Television is a medium. It is so called because for the most part it is not rare, and not well done." - MFE
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: A new member, a new remix (Ghouls'n'Ghosts)

Post by Slaygon »

Welcome to the forum!
MFE wrote:I grew up with my trusty C-64 and all the great games and apps that came with it, and I still have it tucked warmly away in the back shed. Hasn't been turned on in years, but I just can't bring myself to throw it away :?
Oh, you should never throw it away. =)
MFE wrote:Anyway, I discovered remix.kwed.org not too long ago, and was impressed with the quality of some of the remixes... but the one piece that I really enjoyed listening to wasn't featured there. So I figured I should pull my finger out and do it: The title music to Ghouls'n'Ghosts by Tim Follin.
Since RKO is down at the moment, I can't check but there has been at least two remixes of this on there at some point in time.
One by Scorpion and one by Tim Forsyth.

Also, if you head over to www.slayradio.org and create yourself an account, you can request these two tunes to be played.
MFE wrote:don't know if the site is down or what.
It is, yes.
MFE wrote:Either way, I figured I'd let the folks here have a preview of my attempt before Jan accepts or rejects it.
Sounds very nice!
Good work!
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Welcome aboard :D
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Slaygon wrote:Since RKO is down at the moment,
It is? Damnation, feels like I'm always the last to know. =/

Oh well, at least slengpung.com (also hosted on the same box) isn't responding either, so at least it seems to be a general problem.
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:It is? Damnation, feels like I'm always the last to know. =/
Yeah. Haven't seen you online for a while, so I haven't been able to tell you either.
No point in emailing since I can't even access the box remotely. =)
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

Slaygon wrote:Yeah. Haven't seen you online for a while, so I haven't been able to tell you either.
Which reminds me - Contact me when you get online somewhere we can chat. Have a few questions, and then perhaps a suggestion. =)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Tim Forsythe's GnG was of the Amiga title tune...

Chris
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

welcome to the wonderful world of c64 remixes..... :wink:

cheers ifadeo
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sidman 64 »

Hi MFE

Welcome to our crazy world of C64 mad remixers and fans. :)
Nice remix of a great track - hope to hear more from you. :wink:

Danceaway !!!!!! 8)
MFE
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by MFE »

Cheers for all the greetings, folks.

How many remixes I'll do subsequently depends a lot on time, work demands, and the fact that I'm spending a lot of my spare time on original composition rather than remixing at the moment, though I have done older remixes of such tunes such as Altered Beast, Cybernoid II and International Karate Plus... recorded on tape, of all things, so I would have to sample them, or rewrite the entire thing again using more modern software.

I really liked Tim Follin's Ghouls and Ghosts though, and thought it was worth the couple of hours I spent on it. It's not a perfect remix by far, and certainly not very inspired, sticking very closely to the original, but I wanted to keep the original flow intact in this case.

Just waiting now for RKO to be working again so that people can give me some of their own constructive criticism of my work ;)

Cheers!

Miguel

Edit: The avatar is of my dog, Gabby. Someone let me know if there's a problem with that!
Last edited by MFE on 20/05/2005 - 14:59, edited 1 time in total.
-

"Television is a medium. It is so called because for the most part it is not rare, and not well done." - MFE
n3mo
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by n3mo »

A late greeting from here.. ^^
Hehe.. Welcome to the scene! Heard your remix...
Neat indeed! Looking forward to hear more from you! ^^
"Without Music Life would be a Mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Welcome! :)
All is lost.