Something Strange 2004 Marcel edition :)

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Something Strange 2004 Marcel edition :)

Post by Feekzoid »

Hi all,

I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank Marcel for his arrangement of my Something stranger creation, it was also great to work with him with the additional layers that I created here and sent to him for integration.

Its a very weird, hairs-on-the-back-of-the-neck good feeling to listen to your own music as re-engineered by someone with some awesome instrumentation, and solving the technical issues I had at the time of writing it originally. I suppose this is how it must feel for C64 composers to hear their work arranged here!

Thanks again Marcel, look forward to working with you again, and sharing another beer in a pub sometime ;)

Mebbe we'll try out this one live sometime eh? ;)
Marcel Donné
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Marcel Donné »

Thank you for your kind words and creating the original Feekzoid :)

I had a lot of fun re-creating your remix and working with you in order to get everything just right. It even went as far as asking sumppi to do some real guitarwork on the track, which turned out amazingly cool :)

I even talked to Andreas Wallstrom to do a real drumtrack for it, but there's just not enough time these days so I decided to upload Something Stranger recently, so apologies to Andreas.

Hope you all enjoy it, folks :)
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Marcel Donné wrote: Hope you all enjoy it, folks :)
But of course we did! :)

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

It's a great remix, could well be remix of the year. I had a look for the SID in the latest HVSC release but couldn't find it, anyone know where it is?
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Little tip: hover your mouse over the SID chip field of the remix and the URL pretty much tells you where it's from. Not that difficult to find in HVSC, which is:

/Galway_Martin/Microprose_Soccer_indoor.sid subtune #9
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Michael B

Post by Michael B »

Yeh, it's also in the MS Soccer outdoor version.. Subtune 5. Sounds kinda like someone having fun on a Pong machine. And that's not bad.
/Michael