DVDs delivered - what a f*ck up

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

Pardon my language, but....

Fucktards!
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

If youre going to swear, let it be at this...
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
Apache/1.3.33 Server at http://www.c64audio.com Port 80
:evil:
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Matrix wrote:If youre going to swear, let it be at this...
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
Apache/1.3.33 Server at http://www.c64audio.com Port 80
:evil:
You know the really crap part: I'm my own ISP, and I knew this might happen but I didn't have time to find that bit of WHM before I left!

So it's my fault. Fixed it now though, given myself a wopping 200MB of bandwidth :)

Chris
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

Hate to have to tell you this chris, but theres a problem with disc 2 also, when you finish watching something, a normal dvd would go back to the menu, this disc doesnt, it stops, and if you press play, it starts the same segment again...i tried pressing the menu button on my dvd remote but it didnt allow a return to the menu......
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

subzero wrote:Hate to have to tell you this chris, but theres a problem with disc 2 also, when you finish watching something, a normal dvd would go back to the menu, this disc doesnt, it stops, and if you press play, it starts the same segment again...i tried pressing the menu button on my dvd remote but it didnt allow a return to the menu......
Hmm, well we'll live with that: it's not the fault of the replicators, it's probably the fault of Adobe "bloody" Encore. Have to say that I haven't had that problem with it though.

Anyone else?

Chris
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

on the up side, it does STILL work :)
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

Hate to have to tell you this chris, but theres a problem with disc 2 also, when you finish watching something, a normal dvd would go back to the menu, this disc doesnt, it stops, and if you press play, it starts the same segment again...i tried pressing the menu button on my dvd remote but it didnt allow a return to the menu......
If that's always the case, rather than something which happens on some systems and not on others, then that's my fault for not setting end-behavior on that segment to go back to the menu.
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Even if it is a global error, its very forgivable - you have no idea how much of a rush there was on this job to meet the event date deadline.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Just so you know.... I just finished watching DISC 2, and it also does this on my dvd players. No big thing really; nothing im going to bust a nut over anyway.
Phantom66uk
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Phantom66uk »

Soooo, if I were to order the DVD from the website would the despatch be delayed until the sorted Disc 1's arrive or would it be sent out with the 'fecked' one and then a replacement shipped later?

I've shamefully never been to any of the live venues (you may whip me with some CAT5 cable later) and am even more interested in the live DVD after seeing the lovely free previews. :D
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Dont look at it as a fecked one, look at it as a collectors edition :) - once its fully fixed and being sold with a proper disc one, these disc ones should be much sought after ;)
Phantom66uk
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Phantom66uk »

hehe.... Hadn't thought of it that way 8)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I'm delaying preorder send out until the disk is fixed, so those fecked disk ones are truly rare.

The person who's liaising between me and the people who made the f*ck up said this:

"I have the MD looking at this as he is concerned about this. He is bringing all the relevent people together in the morning to find out their take on this and promises me he will be back to me as a matter or urgency."

This sounds like an urgent meeting to try and shift or avoid blame: if it wasn't, they would have fixed a date today to pick up the DVDs and replace them. If they haven't, it's because they think they still have a chance to slime their way out of this. But they're not going to. If they refuse, I will get someone else to do it, send them the invoice and take them to the small claims court for the cost.

[edit: the email I quote was sent at 16:41, so it's entirely possible that the MD wasn't available until late in the day, so nothing could be set up today. Hence, another day wasted. God, these people suxxor some serious buttage]
Chris
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

On the upside, your details show "Posts: 1941" - next post and youre on a classic midway game !!
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

You know i'm half happy i don't have to deal with these guys anymore... Problem is, they all seem as bad as each other :(