Acoustic performances

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Slick2097
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Slick2097 »

My problem is that I have a hard enough time trying to speak to people I don'k know, that when I meet someone who is in anyway remotely famous through to proper A list celebs that I just clam up and end up saying nothing.

A by-product of being shy I guess :)

Next event i'll try and talk to people, i'll try :) I'll have to get a "I'm Slick2097 and i'm shy PLEASE TALK TO ME" t-shirt made up or something :)

Ste.
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

The piano will be a real live recorded piano and not samples, right? And what kind of violin is it?
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

The piano won't be a real piano no, Rob does have one and not the means to record one. Will be using a giga library. Violin depends on what I feel like using at the time.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Slick2097 wrote:My problem is that I have a hard enough time trying to speak to people I don'k know, that when I meet someone who is in anyway remotely famous through to proper A list celebs that I just clam up and end up saying nothing.

A by-product of being shy I guess :)

Next event i'll try and talk to people, i'll try :) I'll have to get a "I'm Slick2097 and i'm shy PLEASE TALK TO ME" t-shirt made up or something :)

Ste.
Dude, at my first BIT (Gossips London / BIT3) I spoke to..
1. The person i went with.
2. Chris & Kenz
3. A german guy from RSI
4. David Whittaker
5. A couple of guys from PPOT

THATS IT.

At Brighton I spoke with Andreas (Performer), madfiddler, Pex (a little but not as much as id like), Chris n Kenz, Subzero, Jeff (Octave Sounds), Rob Hubbard (for all of 14 seconds since my mind went blank, plus I had alex's camera in my snout), Dr Future, Vosla, Martin Galway, Mr Dillgrass and Makke.

As with everything, you meet, you get to know people over the forums, then get to meet them in real life.

The RV/BIT Manchester meet was busiest for me as I met and spoke to almost everyone !! Merman, Waz, Bog, Chris, Kenz, Natz, Tomsk, Ben, madfiddler, Markie, rocky, mayhem, chappers, peek poke lee, theo, jesper, etc etc etc ....

My only hope is that there continues to be more events of this type, im loving every minute of it ! Keep your eyes on sidstock.co.uk now ... itll be a couple of years away, but itll be one HELL of a party when it arrives !