Sam and Max to return!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Sam and Max to return!

Post by tas »

Lucas arts cancelled venture into sam n max's return has been given a boost! as their rights to the game ran out...

Telltale games have bought the rights and are now working on a new adventure for the two comical heroes which will have a large degree of input from the original games creator who now works for Pixar Studio's.

This will be the third attempt to bring back the two heroes... but this one sounds like it will come in fruition.
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Good news! Last time I've seen that nasty rabbit was a funny shootout in Jedi Knight I.
All is lost.
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Excellent news!!!

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

*prays for a 2d point & click adventure*
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

LMan / Remix64 wrote:*prays for a 2d point & click adventure*
It would be pretty silly NOT to do a 2D point & click.

If they want to perform a colorful septuku backwards, they could try to create a 3D action shooter with Max... :roll:
All is lost.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

lucasfilms have definitely let the starwars go to their heads no doubt about that.. but eventually that franchise will run dry (as it did around the 90's) and they had very little new material to push out.. hence full throttle, sam and max, day of the tentacle etc.. losing the rights to one of their loved characters wont hurt them much in the long run but 10 years time they'll be wishing they'd put in the effort.

anyway.. its good new's to hear, never had the fortunacy to play any of the games i mentioned above i can only really aknowledge their legacy from afar and from the words of people that had 1st hand experience.. least now i might get a chance to see what all the fuss was about :)
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Vosla wrote:
LMan / Remix64 wrote:*prays for a 2d point & click adventure*
It would be pretty silly NOT to do a 2D point & click.
Well if they were smart enough to buy the rights to Sam & Max, they might be just smart enough not to give in to the must-be-3d pressure. Guybrush Threepwood 3d doesn't work to me either: Monkey 4 = bah.
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

LMan / Remix64 wrote:Well if they were smart enough to buy the rights to Sam & Max, they might be just smart enough not to give in to the must-be-3d pressure. Guybrush Threepwood 3d doesn't work to me either: Monkey 4 = bah.
Could have been my words... I had a demo of Monkey Island 4 and never felt like buying the full version.
All is lost.
Ronin
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Ronin »

Vosla wrote:If they want to perform a colorful septuku backwards, they could try to create a 3D action shooter with Max... :roll:
Oooh, *shudder* this would be a real nightmare! :eekout:

BTW, Max had also a guest appearance in "Monkey Island 3":
http://www.thediscworld.co.uk/monk3eggs.htm