Quedex

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Quedex

Post by Dumper »

My second attempt at putting my very limited skills towards a remix :lol: , i decided to do Quedex Subtune 2. Unfortunately it wasn't good enough to get on RKO :cry: . I would appreciate any comments on what i am doing wrong and advice for improvements.

Have a listen.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/dum ... tune_2.zip
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Feekzoid »

Well I really like the original tune (like all of Matt's work) and I actually like what you've done here, I like the sedate opening, and the main part kicks off nicely.

Recommendations:

More power drums, with the drum styles you're using having at least a power dance bass OOMPH (or UNZ!) on the main beat would have been good - but even better might have been if you could have had a go at a rock drum style.

The main bass instrument I felt wasn't powerful enough for the job of this tune - Matt's basslines tend to be very heavy power affairs - which I love - mind you, if *I'd* attempted the track I would have probably caved in to my usual fave "UFZVWPWB" * ! ;)

*Ubiqutous FeekZoid Variable Width Pulse Waveform Bass
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

Thanks for your comments Feekzoid they are much appreciated.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

dunno why this didnt get on rko, its definitely good enough tbh.
i like the sound of the synths, the bassline is definitely a bit on the limp side but it suffices and in the middle of those stronger synths it'd be a real real headache to keep what matters in front of the sound spectrum...

flangey filters are always good and one is present part way through.. its all lovely actually.. the drumbeat is a bit arse though, but if you aint spent 4 weeks on making a complex drumpattern then i tend to say that to everyone :D.

overall i am really enjoying this little tune and it shall not be visiting my recycle bin anytime soon.. good stuff dumpy keep it up m8 :)
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

Infamous wrote:dunno why this didnt get on rko, its definitely good enough tbh.
i like the sound of the synths, the bassline is definitely a bit on the limp side but it suffices and in the middle of those stronger synths it'd be a real real headache to keep what matters in front of the sound spectrum...

flangey filters are always good and one is present part way through.. its all lovely actually.. the drumbeat is a bit arse though, but if you aint spent 4 weeks on making a complex drumpattern then i tend to say that to everyone :D.

overall i am really enjoying this little tune and it shall not be visiting my recycle bin anytime soon.. good stuff dumpy keep it up m8 :)
When it comes to drums i don't know whether i'm coming or going :lol: but i managed to put something together which i thought sounded ok, hopefully improvement will come with more experience. You've put a big smile on my face now i know someone will keep one of my remixes for a while, ahhhh to be a beginner :D

I was surprised with the RKO comments which said it was boring and one just said bleurrghhh. Hopefully i will get a tune on there before long, thanks for your comments Infy they've brightened my day or night as it is now. :)