Near miss

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Near miss

Post by Chappers »

Just wanted to let you chaps know of something that happened yesterday at Chez Chappers.....

Was out in my back garden having a chat with TheWench/Ginger Wench about the complexities of life when she reminded me of all the snow & ice thawing on the roof of the house and how it may all come down without warning. She suggested I go inside the house for my umbrella, for some protection from any avalanche........

No sooner had the umbrella gone up, the whole f***ing lot of a 3 inch thick roof-size sheet of ice came tumbling down. Right where I was standing. I probably would be seeing the New Year in from a hospital bed had it not been for my £2 umbrella taking all the impact!!! :shock:

Had no injuries whatsoever apart from both of us being in shock and a bit bewildered for a short while. Seems someone is watching over me.....wonder if they will pay my dry cleaning bill from my skid attack on my boxers. :fear: :wink:
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Man, thats woulda been a GOLD photo moment!!

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Now thats what you call "lucky"
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Lucky Chappers! :o

At a similar event, I got an inch-deep dent in my steel helmet. I thought it would be a good idea to work in a thunderstorm with some kind of protection. .. :roll:
All is lost.
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

Dodged a bullet there, feller! Glad you're OK.
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

lucky one.... :shock: !
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Re: Near miss

Post by skitz »

Chappers wrote:......... She suggested I go inside the house for my umbrella, for some protection from any avalanche........

....Seems someone is watching over me.....wonder if they will pay my dry cleaning bill from my skid attack on my boxers. :fear: :wink:
YES YOU TWONK!!!! - She is called TheWench and there is no way you are getting that dry cleaning bill paid!!
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
Aero
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Aero »

Now, that is luck in its purest form!
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Re: Near miss

Post by Chappers »

skitz wrote:
Chappers wrote:......... She suggested I go inside the house for my umbrella, for some protection from any avalanche........

....Seems someone is watching over me.....wonder if they will pay my dry cleaning bill from my skid attack on my boxers. :fear: :wink:
YES YOU TWONK!!!! - She is called TheWench and there is no way you are getting that dry cleaning bill paid!!
Thanks for pointing that out, Skitz! I was referring to TheWench for watching over me but didn't make that crystal clear obviously. :)

Eternal gratitude (and a lifetime supply of chocolates & cuddly toys) for TheWench for this Chappers remaining in one piece. :D
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Reminds me of something that happened to me in 1997 when I was still working as a mechanic. A 8mm strong round bar, 2 meters long, accidentally released itself from the bench vice and skyrocketed up at one side, hitting with its tip the exact centre of my right eye - fortunately I had forgotten to take off my safety glasses from a previous task - the glass cracked and looked like a spider web spreading from its centre, but it didn't break. No harm done to me! I still keep the broken safety glasses in a safe box. :shock:
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

@LMan: You're pretty lucky then!!!
I guess this would have been one eye less without the goggles.
All is lost.