Sad that the amiga comunity is sleeping...

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Thanks for the hints, I got in touch with all 3 sites. :)
gibs
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by gibs »

how many month to a song in queue to be realeased at amigaremix.com ? lol
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

AMP is da site!
gibs
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by gibs »

Here is another cover :

viewtopic.php?t=3672
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

I've noticed a hug slump in the amiga remix community too.. but it always seems to happen this time of the year, i guess paul gets pretty busy with more important stuff (And rightly so).

on a personal scale, i love remixing "anything" that i took to heart or ear as a boy, ive got LOADS of remix's that i have done that have never been released and probably never will, only a select few ever actually end up being sent away (because i am unfortunately/fortunately incredibly critical of my own music .. as far as im concerned 99.9% of everything i do is shit :) ) for that reason i just mentioned.. id like to see the amiga scene pick up and im sure in time as it slips away from memory of so many and becomes far more "nich" to people much like the c64 was/is sites such as this, amiga remix etc will drum up the enthusiasmn and exitement as it has done before.

and on a side note it doesnt help that vgm got haxxored to death, that place was a pretty decent haven for remixers sticking their sticky paw's into the 16bit era and i was doing a pretty good job of getting them to move over to here to the "mature/eclectic/intelligent" audience hehe.

anyway check out my zool/fury remix's elsewere here.. keep with the enthusiasmn, theres plenty of webspace other than amigaremix to put stuff on the site may be dormant.. doesnt mean we have to be :)

oh ps.. and we've always got daxx to keep us in with the quality sounding remix's over there if we really thirst for them.

moog and daxx have definitely been 2 of the most impressive remixers this year to my ears anyway.
Lem
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Lem »

Check out ModLand for a nice collection of mods in a variety of formats, organised as format/artist/mods. AFAIK it's still FTP only, but the site generates a file list daily (allmods_yyyy-mm-dd.rar), great for searching.

ftp://ftp.modland.com/

edit: I probably should have made some mention of its size, here's from the welcome message on 2006-06-04:

Welcome to Modland - your source for modules!
Currently there are 259233 modules online in 240 different formats

:)
Aero
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Aero »

Thanks a lot lem! Seems very nice
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Infamous wrote:as far as im concerned 99.9% of everything i do is shit.
You are too harsh on yourself. If your stuff is 99.9% shit, than my stuff compared to yours must be 2000% Shit.

I dont think your stuff is shit at all, its all great stuff.

PS: Looking at your Avatar made me dig up an Altern 8 CD that I have. This is what I found.

Altern 8 - Brutal-8-E

1. Brutal-8-E (Altern 8 7" Mix)
2. Brutal-8-E (Z-Trance Mix)
3. Brutal-8-E (Elimin-8 The Hysteria Mix)
4. Brutal-8-E (Just-4-Rick America Mix)
5. Brutal-8-E (Pieces of 8 Mix)
6. Brutal-8-E (Jungle Brutalism Mix)
7. ONE FOR JOHN (Strag-o-Late the Chicken Mix)

Hehehe I like the names of these mixes. This CD came out in 1992 sheesh 14 years old already :(
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
PARALAX

Post by PARALAX »

CZ-Tunes already uploaded a special Radio (name removed) remix von his new track "Battle Squadron - Game over tune". It only must be unlocked from the guys leading the website.;)
Child of Lin Fen

Post by Child of Lin Fen »

(name removed) wrote:CZ-Tunes already uploaded a special Radio (name removed) remix von his new track "Battle Squadron - Game over tune". It only must be unlocked from the guys leading the website.;)
I'd kill to hear that remix. For some reason I always found that tune very moving. I was so happy years later when I got hold of the ripped module so I could hear it all the way to the end (Battle Squadron used to return to the main menu by itself before the music was done).

I notice that Amiga Remix has a new title banner with "under new management" written underneath. Will be interesting to find out what this means.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Child of Lin Fen wrote:
(name removed) wrote:CZ-Tunes already uploaded a special Radio (name removed) remix von his new track "Battle Squadron - Game over tune". It only must be unlocked from the guys leading the website.;)
I'd kill to hear that remix. For some reason I always found that tune very moving. I was so happy years later when I got hold of the ripped module so I could hear it all the way to the end (Battle Squadron used to return to the main menu by itself before the music was done).

I notice that Amiga Remix has a new title banner with "under new management" written underneath. Will be interesting to find out what this means.
It means someone's working on it. Someone special. Someone heroic. Someone who wears their underpants the right way round!
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
gibs
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by gibs »

I know who is he !!! :) hmmm who they are !
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Chris Abbott wrote:...Someone who wears their underpants the right way round!
Ooh! And I wondered where this pinching feeling came from!

:lol:
All is lost.