Reason used in the creation of remixes

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
khisanth
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Reason used in the creation of remixes

Post by khisanth »

Do people ever use Reason or Cubase when doing remixes? Is REason suitable at all?
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I see you have come from hiding in the shadows to ask a question :)

I get asked this question all the time and I've come to the conclusion its all up to taste.

If trial version/demos of such software is available just download and try them out and use whatever you feel comfortable with.

I'm using Fruity Loops, I'm not that good at it, but I find it more comfortable to use than some of the other software.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

All the tracks I have on RKO have been done in Reason.
Other mixers who have known to use Reason: LMan, Sonic Wanderer, Trace, Max Levin, Wobbler... To name a few...

I would say Reason is quite suitable for making mixes... But take a listen to the above artists and make up your own mind :)
<--- I went that way --->
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

I agree with Larsec that Reason is very suitable for makeing remixes and other kinds of stuff, so download a demo and give it a try :)

And it's up to you what you feel comfortable with, and what you are used to use if you have used any before, like trackers or midi equipment etc... :)
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID