C64 vs Xbox360

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Moad'Dib
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

C64 vs Xbox360

Post by Moad'Dib »

No no!!
I am serious! I am not kidding!

Three week ago I bought a Ms Xbox360.

Played some games, and I can tell you that, since C64 this is the first time I feel the same like in 1987.

I had xbox, I had ps2 I had Nintendo Ds... But X360's an other stuff.

So it had to spend 20 years to feel the same mood, the same fever of excitement... to a company make a machine that can take the competition, that can rival with the C64!

The only problem: my two sons strong enough to don't let me to get the control pads, so only could see them playing keenly... :?

And you know what? I tell you a little secret in my mind:
I can't wait that when C64 emulator comes out for x360... :lol:
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

I don't think it's just the X-Box thats giving you that feeling. It's the industry in general. I'e noticed a marked improvement over the last 2 years in gaming in general, mainly thanks to companies like Blizzard, Konami and a few others.

For too long we've been shoved shite down our throats just because a game should look good. US companies like EA are responsable for that. All they ever did was to shove a game out as quickly as possible and hide behind glitzy presentation and licensing. It got them big bucks sure, but the public are becoming aware now that more often than not an EA game won't live upto its hype.

Thank god for the companies like Blizzard who simply refuse to publish til it's good and ready and although it costs more in the short term, it pays dividends for the longer term.

So, i don't think the X-box360 is responsable for gameplay improvements as such but the whole genre of thought from the developers of the games.