Looking for a musician!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Masserio

Looking for a musician!

Post by Masserio »

Hey guys! I'm new to this forum, so I dont know what to expect. But I'm looking for someone to make me a song.
It's a theme song for a little movie I'm making, nothing big actually. But I still want my own theme song, and I've tried everywhere. Now I dont know where to look anymore, but some helpfull guy told me to post here ^^
I'm just gonna say it right away, I'm not going to pay for it :\ I dunno if anyone here is willing to do it for free, but it's worth a try :P The maker of the song will of course be honored in the ending and starting title of my movie if the maker wants to.

If anyone is interessed, contact me for info about how I want the song, or make me post it here (don't want to make this post longer than it is if nobody is intressed in doing it).
Crossing my fingers, since I give up if I don't find one who can make me a song. The others I asked told me they could do it, but said later that they wouldn't do it afterall...

Hoping for a quick answer from someone who can do it =)
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

I'd suggest that you let us know what sort of style you want, then maybe someone could suggest a track that has already been uploaded to KWED.

There are literally thousands of remixes that have been uploaded in all sorts of styles and it would be ready made for you - all you would need is the remixers permission.

Other than that, I would be surprised if someone actually did anything for free for you (unless your name is Peter Jackson, Steven Speilberg or David Lynch)! :wink:

Tonka
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Welcome to the board, I agree with everything Tonka said so I wont repeat.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I agree with Analog-X. I'm Spartacus!
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Looking for a musician!

Post by DHS »

Masserio wrote:I'm just gonna say it right away, I'm not going to pay for it :\
Don't know why, but it's since i started making music i read this or it's said to me. Must be something related to the kind of "art" (or whatever it may be) we do.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Tonka wrote:Other than that, I would be surprised if someone actually did anything for free for you (unless your name is Peter Jackson, Steven Speilberg or David Lynch)!
I'd never do anything for free for those rich gits!

Except maybe sucking their cocks for a big movie score deal.
DHS wrote:Don't know why, but it's since i started making music i read this or it's said to me. Must be something related to the kind of "art" (or whatever it may be) we do.
That's because it's illegal for a musician to make money off music. Now if you're Tommy Mottola on the other hand, it's your legal right and privilege, not to say your sworn duty, to sue all and everyone who does not pay for every litte piece of music they listen to.

It's just the way the world works you see. ;)

PS. Masserio - I didn't mean to lash out at you personally, it's just that everyone wants professionally sounding music for their productions, but no one wants to pay for it. Which kind of is why they want "professionally sounding" music, not "professional music".
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Looking for a musician!

Post by Tonka »

DHS wrote:
Masserio wrote:I'm just gonna say it right away, I'm not going to pay for it :\
Don't know why, but it's since i started making music i read this or it's said to me. Must be something related to the kind of "art" (or whatever it may be) we do.
I think this relates to all art. Van Gough used to paint for his dinner sometimes! :)

Seems music is only worth paying for when an artist has signed a major record deal. Even then, the majority will download for free :(

Luckily, the true artist (and just about everyone who has uploaded to KWED) is not motivated my money and do it for the love of the C64 :)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Makke wrote:Except maybe sucking their cocks for a big movie score deal.
Isn't that how John Williams got started?
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Chris Abbott wrote:
I'm gonna BAN YOU BOTH for this outrageous use of foul language!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

LMan / Remix64 wrote:
Chris Abbott wrote:
I'm gonna BAN YOU BOTH for this outrageous use of foul language!
£$%(£"$*%£$(*%(£$%*£"%*$£(%*$£(%*£$(%*"£*%")$(£$((%*£%(£$*%(£$%*$£(%*£$(%*£$(%*£$(%*"£(%*"(£*£$(*$£
Masserio

Post by Masserio »

Tonka wrote:I'd suggest that you let us know what sort of style you want, then maybe someone could suggest a track that has already been uploaded to KWED.
Ok, I dont wanna sound spoiled or someting, but I want my own song, not a song that is already made by someone... I want to have a song that is made just for me, if you understand what I mean?

I can give you some info about how I want it.
You already know it's gonna be a theme song, so it has to sound like it is from a action/adventure movie.
I have some examples:
-Glyn R Brown - Firelord - Symphonic
-Glyn R Brown - Rastan
-Markus Schneider - Genloc
Now you have an idea of how I want it to sound. Start off calm, and get more and more intens, and a sudden end. Since it's mostly going to be a intro song, it doesent have to be longer than 20-30sec. But I'm going to use it as background music as well, so if the calm start could last a little longer (say 30 before the intro-part of the song kicks in), it would have bin great! Other than this, youre pretty much free to make it any way you like.

When it comes to the money part of this. If nobody want to do it for free, about how much do I have to pay for a song like this? :\

And btw: I've heard songs by DHS and Makke, and I love all your songs. (I really do, I'm not saying it to flatter you into making me a song xD)
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

Masserio wrote:I want to have a song that is made just for me, if you understand what I mean?
Well, if you're a young, nice looking girl and find a musically gifted boyfriend, chances won't be so bad.:)
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Masserio wrote:And btw: I've heard songs by DHS and Makke, and I love all your songs. (I really do, I'm not saying it to flatter you into making me a song xD)
Cheers, dude. Glad you enjoy it. :)

I don't do orchestral stuff though, so your flattery would fail anyway. ;)
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Lexx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Lexx »

@Masserio:

Nothing is for free today if we are honest. There is always the payback-wish in background but it could be solved in....4 ways :

.) money
.) promotion for the artist to a bigger audience.
.) or to link the artist to some interesting contacts that could be useful to him/ her...such important guyz from labels...or interesting project deals...or any kind of useful help....coopartion etc...just for examples but there are more of course to addone.
.) if u are a sexy single female & beautiful....well the gender advantage helps aswell. ;)

Be exactly what u can offer. Of course not always the money matters as above-mentioned.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I can make some real Professional sounds by banging some Pots and Pans that were made Professionaly by a Pots and Pan making company.

%99.9 Percent of the stuff released here to my ears are Professional sounding and good enough in my opinion for Commercial release, but it is asking a lot of them to give something like that for free and custom made to boot.

PS: oh and the other %00.1 Percent is My stuff hehehe :)
Last edited by Analog-X64 on 15/09/2006 - 23:36, edited 1 time in total.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120