Guitar Hero on the C64

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Rondo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Guitar Hero on the C64

Post by Rondo »

Here's an interesting project: Toni Westbrook has built an adapter for connecting a Playstation Guitar Hero controller to a C64 and is now working on a GH-like game to be played with the controller. The project is titled Shredz64. Take a look.
the_JinX
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by the_JinX »

That sounds coool !

Looks like a fun project.
ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
And when in russia, pet a PETSCII
http://annejan.com/
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Cool!

Anyone remember the Guitar Freaks game in the arcade?? me and my mate would regulary go into the Troc center in London and spend loads in it... those were the days :)

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

you know what i remember in the trocadero... the aliens centre where you could dress up in the armor with a load of people from america who were far too jumpy for their own good and be lead around by "hardened" marines who inadvertently get eaten (not literally though unfortunately, that'd have REALLY made my day) but have to say they did a fucking good job at one point it was difficult to suspend belief for a second (probably because when you have americans screaming in your ear its just like the movies).

Then latex things would jump out at you and be shot by the single marine left (who was a woman.. but NOT ripley oh no.. ahem) and hilarious things like dead face huggers would fall on to the female contingent of your group (i swear to god they had a guy up there aiming the things), for that maximum effect drop things on a woman, tried and tested.

and then it ended in a museum where you could see the props from the film's which was probably the coolest part, the detail they put into these props and weapons was truly staggering and its really hard to express just how fucking scary an alien would really be if it was standing in front of you.

the "small" ones were 6 foot something, the warrior drones were like 8 foot and the queen, the model used in the flame thrower part of the film near the end she's like half a bloody room, and was the centre peice of this museum she was very hard not to notice.

such a shame they got rid of it and replaced it with sega sodding world.

no idea whats there now though, probably 52359823842 dance dance revolution machines and a mc donalds.

anyway on topic again - sounds interesting.