Dorm Accommodation

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Dorm Accommodation

Post by Chris Abbott »

Here's a list of places that offer -really- cheap accommodation in Brighton. I can't verify their quality, or even if they have places left, but give them a ring. You never know!

Baggies, Oriental Place, Brighton.
Tel: (0)1273.733740.
£70 per week (or £11 per night).

Brighton Backpackers, 75 Middle Street, Brighton.
Tel: (0)1273.777717. Email: Backpackers@fastnet.co.uk
£11-12 per night

Friese Green, 20 Middle Street, Brighton.
Tel: (0)1273.747551. Email: Steve@Friese-Green.demon.co.uk
£60 per week (or £12 per night)

Chris
Last edited by Chris Abbott on 15/09/2003 - 20:21, edited 1 time in total.
carlsson
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by carlsson »

According to the member reviews on BUG Europe (http://www.bugeurope.com), Baggies seems to be miles ahead of Brighton Backpackers. One anonymous member posted this about the 75 Middle Street accomodation:
This is the place to go if you want to catch bed bugs, buy drugs, witness care in the community for the mentally ill, and possibly get your throat cut.
Oh well. I'm not going to BIT Live at all, but since I'm currently working in the travel industry, I like to look up tips about good accomodations etc...
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

OMG! I'm itching!
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org

Post by Guest »

<worry> The organiser has not even bothered to phone, on a weekend when the TUC conference is on.</worry>
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Thats not true!!! the TUC conference was found not to be on the same date!

Chris has worked very hard to try and get this event happening and for one i think he's due somesort of respect for making such an event happening. Your words (ironically marked as guest) are well out of order!

Besides he's an organiser of an Event and not a travel agent!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> The organiser has not even bothered to phone, on a weekend
> when the TUC conference is on.

There's always one. Do you want me to see if there are fluffy blankets
at your chosen hotel as well? Perhaps you want me to tuck you in?

Chris
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Tas wrote:Thats not true!!! the TUC conference was found not to be on the same date!
Yea, stupid hotel owner fed me wrong information! oo..perhaps it was you
dan gillgrass

Post by dan gillgrass »

Three weeks and counting!!!

Post by Guest »

Chris Abbott wrote:> The organiser has not even bothered to phone, on a weekend
> when the TUC conference is on.

There's always one. Do you want me to see if there are fluffy blankets
at your chosen hotel as well? Perhaps you want me to tuck you in?

Chris
Such a response simply underlines the unprofessional organisation of said event.
dan gillgrass

Post by dan gillgrass »

Anonymous wrote:Such a response simply underlines the unprofessional organisation of said event.
Such a response simply underlines your insignificance in this forum when you cant even log in
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

Dear Mr Guest....

Can you please explain what the hell you are talking about? The TUC conference is NOT on during that weekend as it finishes two days before!

As for phoning ALL the accomodation in Brighton - what do you think this would have achieve exactly? We did actually phone quite a few to check availaibilty but I must admit I didn't ask whether they had bed bugs or sold drugs and doubt they would have owned up anyway :roll:

Sorry that you believe this event is being organised in such an unprofessional manner - if you are not happy with it then I suggest you simply do not come. As co-organiser of the event I can only say that you will miss out on a once in a life time event!

P.S. I think we may have to require logon to this forum in the future if this kind of anonymous posting continues..
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

(logging in)
Actually all of the other parts of this forum already have this in place: it wasn't enabled on this thread: now it is, so Mr Guest will have to unmask a little.

I don't know what problem he really has with the event: how many rock concerts do you know where the organiser's job was booking accommodation? Obviously there's some history there or something. I was just trying to help people out by giving them extra information.

Anyway, we don't organise live events for a living: it's skin of the teeth stuff which always tries something new. Some mistakes are bound to be made: it's the nature of the beast. If this was a "professional" event, it would never happen, because it wouldn't be economical, and it's too risky. Plus it's a hell of a lot of work, all because we want to put something together that will answer the dreams of at least a few SID fans that share our vision.

Unprofessional? I treat people with respect until they treat me with disrespect. I'm not going to be unreasonably abused and accused by people and take it. If they have a point, then I'll do my level best to make things right, but stupid groundless anonymous accusations merely deserve contempt. The people with whom we have made mistakes have always seen us not only correct them, but give that little extra too. _That's_ what I regard as professionalism, and good customer service.

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> We did actually phone quite a few to check availaibilty
Besides which, availability changes from minute to minute. So we'd have to check every hotel every day, and update the website accordingly
according to Mr Guest.

<unprofessional sarcasm>
That certainly sounds like a rational use of my time.
</unprofessional sarcasm>

Chris
renegade_si
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by renegade_si »

Heres a tip for booking the top hotel in brighton, the metropole.

Go to http://www.hilton.com and find the metropole, shouldnt be too hard to find. Check availability - you have to book for the friday and saturday only. There should be an option called the Sussex breaks which is the room inc breakfast for £100 - we have got 3 adults in ours therefore for £33 per night.

The next cheapest 3 star plus seemed to be the albion hotel.

cheers

Si