Ahh! ...what a bargain! :O)

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Ahh! ...what a bargain! :O)

Post by Razmo »

WOW! ... just found a used E-Mu Morpheus synthesizer for a lousy sum of us$130 :w00t: .. know I should not have.... but erm... :blush: ... yeah, it's on it's way home to pappa! :argh: can't wait!

http://www.deepsonic.ch/deep/htm/morpheus.php
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

blimey, that's cheap. I've got one too, which I'm gonna sell.. and a Supernova 44 voice.. and.. a few other bits and pieces.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Madfidler: Yeah it's cheap alright! ... There were MANY who responded on the add, but luckily, I responded first... been looking for that monster filter machine for quite some time now... This means my E-Mu XL-1 will have to go now :)

Supernova... Had one some years back I remember... nice and cool looking blue display.... but unfortunately the LCD did not make any noise... and I sold it.... to SLL of Kefrens actually :lol: ... he still got it, and has been trying to sell it for more than half a year now :)

Used gear can be found rather chep these days because of software taking over... Also found a Yamaha FS1R synth for only us$330... that's also rather cheap... it's a rare find.

oh my!... now I entered gear-frenzy mode again :roll:
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

That FS1R is a bit of a bargain too! Yeah, I've gone completely soft ;)

All my gear is in racks in another room. I'll eventually sell everything apart from the K2500r and the Audity 2000 I think..
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Fiddler: Audity 2000 is an OK machine... in fact I believe the XL-1 I'm selling has the same sampleset, plus extra... it's that blue'ish module right?

All I need by now is a Nord Modular G2 and that SID synth... then my setup is complete, and I hope I can finaly put my gearlust at rest :? it's taking up one hell of a lot of space... especialy the KORG DSS-1 keyboard and the Ensoniq ESQ-1... but I love their sound.
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Yep, the blueish one.. Dunno about the sound set. I got the XL1 rom for my Proteus 2000 as I'd heard the same (and was then going to sell the A2k), but the XL1 rom imo opinion didn't sound anywhere near as good. I guess the patches were different ?
Dafunk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dafunk »

@razmo: any chance of putting up a picture of your hardware room? i'm really getting curious :)
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Dafunk: Yeah... that should be possible I guess... just need to get hold of a camera first :)
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Madfiddler: Yes... it must be the presets... I've also found the XL-1 presets rather dull... they are drained in way too much verb, and they sound like they were done in a hurry... The architechture of the Audity and the other modules should be almost identical though.

Actually I was so lucky to have E-Mu's service center send me one of the rare 32MB flash RAMs for the P2000 series modules for free (I'm still shocked), but I'm selling it now cause I simply do not have the nerve to create 512 presets for it... I know there are lots of presets for the Morpheus, so I'll take that one.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Dafunk: I can put some piccies here until I get a camera to take a picture of my own:

That's about it :blush:
Dafunk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dafunk »

wow, razmo. that's a really nice collection. do you have them all hooked up? must be a hell of a mess with the cables.. :P
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Dafunk: Yes, they are all hooked up and ready to go :) ... and yes... the cables :shock: ... I dare not think about it, and try to look the other way when near it :lol: ... actually it's my bedroom that also serve as studio... but I think I better rephrase that and call it a studio with a bed in it :roll:
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

WOW!... just got the Morpheus today... for that price I actually expected something a little ravaged.... but no... it's in perfect mint condition... look like it just left the factory :shock: ... sure hit the jackpot with this fella...