"May be hot"

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

"May be hot"

Post by Chris Abbott »

On a microwaveable pot of Spaghetti Hoops:

"Peel film. Microwave 30 secs on full. Stir + 30 secs on full. Contents may be hot".

May be?? Are they saying the laws of physics and cooking are variable?

Or are they worried they might be accused of lying if the person's microwave is broken?

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Re: "May be hot"

Post by Infamous »

its all part of the weird arsed law's and regulations passed down from them nutjobs in brussels.. kinda like kp nuts with their "warning may contain traces of nuts".. i should bloody hope so.
leoni
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by leoni »

ooooh i love these kind of warnings! :lol: :lol:
Last edited by leoni on 25/10/2007 - 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
!BLEAAAUUUHHH
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

I'm sure it won't be long before buying a set of knives comes with a 'caution knives may be sharp' warning on them. :lol:
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Steve B »

there was a set of knifes from Korea that had "Warning. Keep out of children" :shock:
GNER coffee cups have "warning, Contents may be hot" but its written sideways ... so you have to tip the cup on its side to read it :duh:
I C 64 People

Computers can never replace human stupidity
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Well, it looks like a bow to the very stupid but it's law sh*te all the way, so you can't sue anybody.
All is lost.
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

reminds me of the book "Science of Discworld 2 - The Globe".... it has a warning on it "May contain nuts"
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Chris Abbott wrote:On a microwaveable pot of Spaghetti Hoops:

"Peel film. Microwave 30 secs on full. Stir + 30 secs on full. Contents may be hot".

May be?? Are they saying the laws of physics and cooking are variable?

Or are they worried they might be accused of lying if the person's microwave is broken?

Chris
They say such things, because not all microwaves are built the same. We used to have a Microwave that was only 600watts and 30 secs was not enough to make anything hot. Now we have a 1000 Watt Microwave and 30 secs is more than enough to make something hot.

But they have to cover their a$$ incase someone wants to sue them for burning their mouth.

Case in point, one old lady in the United States, bought Coffee from McDonald's, she put the cup in her lap and as she drove off the coffee spilled and bruned her lap. She sued and WON!!!! because of that case, McDonald's lowered the temperature at which they brew their coffee in all their Chains.

You might not sue for a Burned Tongue but others might!!! :bash:
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

What would they lose by saying "will be hot", though? I'm not sure anyone would sue them for non-hotness :)
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

Chris Abbott wrote:What would they lose by saying "will be hot", though? I'm not sure anyone would sue them for non-hotness :)
I'm sure a couple of years ago a person tried to sue McDonald's (or one of those types of store) because when they bit into an item of food, some sauce squirted on their hands and burnt them. I guess they have to put silly warnings on items because you will always get some money grabbing twat who will try to take advantage of a major company.
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Infamous wrote:its all part of the weird arsed law's and regulations passed down from them nutjobs in brussels.. kinda like kp nuts with their "warning may contain traces of nuts".. i should bloody hope so.
That's because peanuts are not nuts, but legumes... hence the warning for actual nut allergies. Peanut allergy is entirely something else, not a nut allergy (although people may have both).
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

Only hot thing that EVER comes out of MY microwave is the damn PLATE/DISH that is holding the actual FOOD I want to heat up (which is usually still LUKE WARM even after a bout 10 minutes of taking out, stirring, taking out, stirring, taking out, stirring)!

I'd like to find the inventor of the microwave and slowly boil his head, saying "Now THAT'S how to heat something up, asshole"!!!

:oops: Ahem - rant over. Thanks for listening...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

That usually happens when the plate has cracks over here...
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Eh... and don't use dishes made from metal or painted with colours containing a high grade of metal components.

First ones give you the hint with nice fireworks and a possibly burned out microwave emitter.
Second tend to shatter or getting insanely hot. They usually make a different sound effect as normal material. Good old sonority is usually covered with a finish with metallic components, sometimes even lead and slightly radioactive materials. Ceramic glass usually doesn't care for any radiation hurled at it but easily gets hot through whatever is cooked on it and disperses the heat fast.
All is lost.