One year of time

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
mixer
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

One year of time

Post by mixer »

Hi,

I have recently taken one year of absence from my work. I won't return to my current work place until November 2008 if even then. After 9 years of 8 to 4 and then some - work - I am finding that it is not what I want. It has been necessary step in my life, but the environment just does not support or care about anything that I want to do. I've been fortunate to have the job I have, the work is nice, challenging, sometimes very stressfull, but I've managed, even during a recent long term illness that took some extra energy to overcome. Life has been waking in the morning, going to work, coming back from work, then in the evening in the darkness of the north I have my freetime to spent my hours with what? There have been other people, important in my life, but I've learned that they just don't care. They too are "slaves to the system". Exchange work for money and money for housing and other necessities, so you could work again. As a worker I want to exchange as little work for as much money as possible. Employer wants the opposite. Housing and food providers want as much money as they can get from you. The balance between all them settles into the pain treshold. In this society the unions and the society in generally have together agreed on something of a compromise of rules between the work, freetime and payment and all that. I am sure all of you know what I mean. After spending day after day and night after night into nothing i've noticed that all this environment and lifestyle does not suit me and my needs at all and I am looking for alternate ways to live. Next week I do not even have an apartment anymore as it would be impossible to keep it with my savings and the zero income I'll have. I won't tell you what I am going to do, because I do not know that yet for certainty, but I now have a position as close to freedom as I can get. No one gives a crap about what I do or feel, therefore I can do anything I wish, which is a very very selfish but also lonely position.

So, consider that you have one year to do anything you would like to, what would it be? (excluding all the costly things for a little reality check)

- Mixer
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Re: One year of time

Post by Vosla »

Wow! That's one heavy decision. Hope you'll find the freedom you want!

At first thought - if you are healthy enough - it sprung to my mind that you could possibly hire as a deck hand on a cargo ship on a southern route. Lot to see. Even today some adventure and bar fights on the tour. Maybe some hard but trusty mateys to meet.
Though it's usually hard work and between land falls, all you have is salt water.
Same goes with working on a oil drilling platform.

You also may join an organisation like Green Peace or a scientific team for projects and tours.

If you have a knack for kids, just look around for social projects involving youth camps and the like.

Have relatives in another country? Maybe you could spent some time over there?

Just some thoughts. Hope to see you again and wish you all the best!

Good luck!
All is lost.