Wastelands loader

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
UncleJay

Wastelands loader

Post by UncleJay »

This will be a long shot.
I love the Wastelands loader in Last Ninja, it sets the atmosphere just right. I think that's a tune that would sound awesome played on traditional Japanese instruments like shakuhachi and koto etc.
I know that probably not a lot of remixers play any of these, but surely you electronic wizards can make it sound like you do?
So, one Wastelands loader on traditional instruments, please. :D
Last edited by UncleJay on 05/04/2008 - 17:59, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Wastelands loader

Post by Chris Abbott »

Is that the one Markus Scheider and me did covers of on RKO?

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
UncleJay

Post by UncleJay »

Yes, that's the one, Chris. I like your approach a lot, it's so faithful to the original. Now, replace that guitar with a koto and we're well on the way to what I suggested :)

Markus called his version "End credits", which I guess it is on the floppy version. I had the cassette version, and there it's the first loader.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

UncleJay wrote:Yes, that's the one, Chris. I like your approach a lot, it's so faithful to the original. Now, replace that guitar with a koto and we're well on the way to what I suggested :)

Markus called his version "End credits", which I guess it is on the floppy version. I had the cassette version, and there it's the first loader.
I have a really great orchestration of this tune in my head, but no time to realise it. It kind of veers between the whole Chinese rustic thing (Ninja on journey) and grand sweeping orchestral bits (imagine in a film if the orchestral bit hit when the camera pulled up and away, revealing the vast landscape being traversed). *sigh*

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
UncleJay

Post by UncleJay »

Sounds great.
No time, you say? What could possibly be more important than remixing old 64-tunes? :P