So.. I'm thinking of doing a C64 Remix.. any tips?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
h0ffman

So.. I'm thinking of doing a C64 Remix.. any tips?

Post by h0ffman »

So I'm thinking of doing a C64 remix, although I'm not sure really where to start. I'd like to think that I'm well versed in SID music as I had a C64 and converted loads of SID tunes to protracker, thats not really where I'm a little stuck, its more the song choice. Is there any tunes that are no-go areas or been done to death?, anything left of field thats never been done before, any suggestions? I was thinking of doing a version of Deactivators as its not quite as popular and the melody is really good.

Any pointers would be great :)
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Re: So.. I'm thinking of doing a C64 Remix.. any tips?

Post by LMan »

Hiho and welcome! :)

You might want to check out the following article:
http://www.remix64.com/about_getting_st ... mixer.html

And afterwards maybe browse the tutorials:
http://www.remix64.com/tutorials.html

You can also use the "find music" feature of the Remix64 main site to check if your tune has been done before, and how often. Sometimes it's worth doing a remix anyway if the existing one is of a very different style than you intend.

Have fun and good luck :)
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

First of all - Welcome to the boards!

It was never a problem to take on a track that was remixed a few times. I just gets harder to do something original like LMan pointed out.

Personally I would like to see a caring hand at "The Bard's Tale" tunes though those a dead simple and could use a lot of abuse. :lol:

But Deactivators would be nice, too! :)
All is lost.
h0ffman

Post by h0ffman »

Cheers guys. I've had read through the intro guides (shouldn't Ocean Loader be on that list?) and think i'm probably ready. I reckon Deactivators for a starter, then maybe i'll check out Bards Tale.