Flip the Flop! Yay!

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Yoshi
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Flip the Flop! Yay!

Post by Yoshi »

The first remix of it's kind perhaps?
I like it a lot :D
Great.. just great... don't even know what to say.

Please, more of this!
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

First remix of what kind? Flip the Flop? u not heard Reyns own remix of his own tune?

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Sonic Wanderer
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sonic Wanderer »

A lot of influence from "Freestyler" by BomFunk MC's, too.
-------------------------------------------------------
- People say I'm crazy. They're probably right. -
-- Sonic - A noise in the corner of your ear... --
-------------------------------------------------------
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

I reckon it's great, and am somewhat surprised by its low score...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

It's one of those remixes that shows the wide discrepency between what the remixing community likes and what the general public will like.

Chris
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

I think it's a very creative remix. I mean, I loved the way Thomas Detert mixed Sigma 7 and Chariots of Fire. I really like it when someone tries to imitate another song with a c64 song. It takes a lot of skill...and sample/VSTi/synth power. ;)

What I didn't like with this Flip the Flop remix was that, as I said in another thread, than the Boomfunk punch isn't there. I don't listen through PC-speakers, so that's not the problem. ;)

And though I like cheesy lyrics, I didn't particularly fall for these. So I voted it Very Good. Because it's an original effort, executed in a nearly perfect way (IMHO).

I woudn't go so far as to say it's the first of it's kind, though. But, as I said, it's a really creative remix.
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

I agree that in the scheme of things (i.e. all music) that it's not unique and, to be honest, it's not 100 per cent my tea musically. However, as far as C64 remixes go, it's rather different, and certainly avoids the "original SID with new voices" thing (and orchestral stuff, which I'm rapidly getting fed-up with, no matter what quality it's done in). Also, I prefer it over Lagerfeldt's other stuff, which, while excellently produced, did suffer a little from being a little too straight. (Hence, overall, me rating it with the top smiley here.)

It seems many of my favourite C64 mixes right now have some form of vocal on them: Makke - your Hammerfist mix, Trauma's I'm a Pumpkin Man, even Wobbler's Overlame.