dear tactical voters...

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Monty, thats actually a very good idea. But as you know Markus has other thing to worry about at the moment and i think least of his concerns is remix64.

It's a grand idea tho monty, maybe sometime in the future.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Craig: sorry i wasn't having a go at anyone when i spoke about the reviewing system, i was mearly pointing out a fact and not being critical about it not taking off as i expected.

hehe, even i don't find the time these days ;) (not a bad thing ;)
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Hi all.

Yeah the evil voting system again. The evil voting system that destroys the community. Why do we think it destroy the community? Because we arrangers don't want to accept that the public opinion about our beloved creations is not as good as our own. Of course we state otherwise, but in the end that's it. I guess most of us feel that way one time or another, and that's the reason why this discussion reappears over and over.

But let me set this straight once again: Although I may not be as present on these boards and on the chat, I still spend LOADS of time on Remix64, propably more than anyone else. What do I do? Maintain the member list, check suspicious voting, set things back in order, make sure everything works smooth and stays fair. It's hard to draw the line between a person's taste and tactical voting. But be assured if there is tactical voting going on which is strong enough to make a real difference, I'll detect it and take care of it, sooner or later.

So not releasing anything on RKO just to evade this oh-so-unfair voting system is, IMHO, just silly.

I will build-in the statistics that were mentioned above, as it was planned for a while already. I just haven't found the proper time to do it yet. So I would like to beg everyone for a little more patience, and please quit repeating this same discussion over and over again without regarding the facts provided by the Remix64 team.

Have a nice day,

<b>- LMan, Master and Ruler of R64 Voting Statistics and Databases</b>
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Rafael Dyll »

Yeah Markus.

Been there, seen it, got the T-shirt, dudes! :wink:
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

Tas wrote:Craig: sorry i wasn't having a go at anyone when i spoke about the reviewing system, i was mearly pointing out a fact and not being critical about it not taking off as i expected.
No probs, and I realise you weren't having a go at anyone in particular. I was just agreeing with Chris about the reasons behind why the system is perhaps not as popular as it might be. Also, many R64 visitors are not fluent in English, and certainly not when writing, which probably puts some people off writing reviews. (Not only am I English, but I write for a living, so cranking out reviews is somewhat easier for me - at least when I have the time.)
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

LMan / Remix64 wrote:Hi all.
...I will build-in the statistics that were mentioned above, as it was planned for a while already. I just haven't found the proper time to do it yet. So I would like to beg everyone for a little more patience, and please quit repeating this same discussion over and over again without regarding the facts provided by the Remix64 team.

Have a nice day,

<b>- LMan, Master and Ruler of R64 Voting Statistics and Databases</b>
thanks LMan... that's a real good idea, i don't want to query your great
work on this fab site, which i really enjoy ... i started this thread on a
gut level... please lock this thread once and for all ....

best wishes

Michael / ifadeo
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

LMan / Remix64 wrote: Because we arrangers don't want to accept that the public opinion about our beloved creations is not as good as our own.
Public opinion?
1000 downloads, 30 votes.
This is the average, roughly.
Even more worse than any real-life election!
Only 3 precent use their right to vote, and most of them are probably
remixers. Turn the charts off, it´s non-sense. 3 percent equals nothing.
putzi
Marcel Donné
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Marcel Donné »

3% is better than nothing, and it's not like we're making a living out of remixing, right?

3% can be a helluvalot, if the government takes it off the VAT/MwST/BTW :wink:
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> Turn the charts off,

They still perform an important function, in that they effectively encourage people to listen to works with orange and red smileys (and yellows if they like the original tune). And if it is only remixers voting, at least it's an educated consituency.

Chris
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

putzi wrote:Turn the charts off, it´s non-sense. 3 percent equals nothing.
Good idea! Let's turn the forum off as well, and remove any way of contacting the remixer from R.K.O.! That way no one can say they think our remixes are shit! Because if they can't say it, that must mean our remixes are excellent! EVERYONE OF THEM! In fact, let's turn R.K.O. off completely! If no one can hear our music, no one can dislike it! WOOHOO!

Sorry, but what is this obsession with the charts?!? JESUS! It's causing an aweful lot of fuzz, over practically nothing! If I was Lman I would've shut the charts off a long time ago because I'm sick and tired of having this discussion over and over again! And why bother doing the work if people are just going to moan about it?

It says on the charts how many people voted for the remix, thus it's an average of what 30 people thought of the song! It doesn't say "THE TRUTH CHARTS! EVERYTHING ON HERE IS THE TRUTH!"

Actually, I think I've said everything I have to say on this issue a 1000 times already so there's no use in going on since I'm sure to insult someone soon. (I seem to do that everytime I get too deep into a discussion.)
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

can someone lock this thread, please.... everybody should use his superhero 'wordpowerprojectile' to write a review.... like me... :wink:

btw. do they know it's christmas time.... eat some cookies, like me... :D

cheers ifadeo
Last edited by ifadeo on 03/12/2003 - 0:04, edited 2 times in total.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> I'm sure to insult someone soon.

I thought you'd mellowed since you lost the crewcut :)

Chris
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Chris Abbott wrote:I thought you'd mellowed since you lost the crewcut :)
At times I return to my former glory. ;)
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

hehe makke, i've actually had people complain about the forum too as it happens ;)
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

putzi wrote: Public opinion?
1000 downloads, 30 votes.
This is the average, roughly.
Even more worse than any real-life election!
Only 3 precent use their right to vote, and most of them are probably
remixers. Turn the charts off, it´s non-sense. 3 percent equals nothing.
What you state is nonsense, it's not just 3%, it's actually the 3% which cares most, which propably engages most, which propably knows most about music.

But sure, let's return to the times where we had no charts, so everyone can pretend "If there were charts, my tune would surely be on top."

Well, Makke has already said anything else there is to say, so.

Have a nice day,

- Markus