BIT - FUTURE PLANNING ideas

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
dizimatt

Post by dizimatt »

:D
now I didn't see that one coming
WOO Gwafix!
hyperhack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by hyperhack »

Hmmmm, so thats where Chris's missing bag of cosmetics went! :D

Larsec don't hit me, please the little voice inside my head told me to say it! :D
C= cult never died it just went away and now

ITS BACK WITH A BANG!
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

hyperhack wrote:Larsec don't hit me, please the little voice inside my head told me to say it! :D
No worries... I was kinda getting the idea that the problem was in your head rather than anywhere else :)
<--- I went that way --->
hyperhack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by hyperhack »

Larsec wrote:
hyperhack wrote:Larsec don't hit me, please the little voice inside my head told me to say it! :D
No worries... I was kinda getting the idea that the problem was in your head rather than anywhere else :)
Well, what do you expect really when i've had too much exposure to the Speccy??? :P

Luckily the C64 saved me before I ended up a total Z80 loony!

ORG #1800
START:
LD HL,16384
LD DE,6912
LOOP:
LD A,R
LD (HL),A
INC HL
DEC DE
JR NZ, LOOP
JP START

Okay i'll stop now before someone gives me a slap

ITS BACK WITH A BANG!
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

*SLAP*

To be honest, too much activity going on around the concert/boozing is probably not a good idea. Yes, Brighton was fun. BUT hiring a venue for the whole day is gonna be more expensive. Saturday's four-hour concert was almost spot-on in terms of length (fnar).
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Anyway, why hire a venue when people just want to sit and chat? That was the idea behind the pub meet, which seemed to work fine.

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> BUT hiring a venue for the whole day is gonna be more expensive
Actually we had St. Luke's for the whole day, but even that wasn't enough time to really get the concert ready!

Chris
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

What we really need imho, is the Brighton Centre again .... day event by Retrovision, properly organised competitions this time (no offence chris, i know everything kinda started falling in around your ears there), and a good 4 hour concert again.

The Brighton venue imho was perfect for BITLive, just need to lock the rehersal room doors next time so reprobates like me dont get in ;)

Actually - blame him *points to person reading this* "its his fault"... lol ....

It maybe more of a strain than London, but such an easy venue and laid back town.... and ... no offence mark, but, a lot closer than somerset. NOw then - Lets talk DONCASTER DOME - Awesome concert capabilities.... loads of entertainment, tones of stuff nearby to keep ppl entertained and lots to do :D

Yes yes, as long as you dont mind the HIV in the water .... Donny is a GREAT venue :)
hyperhack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by hyperhack »

Matrix wrote:What we really need imho, is the Brighton Centre again .... day event by Retrovision, properly organised competitions this time (no offence chris, i know everything kinda started falling in around your ears there), and a good 4 hour concert again.
I totally agree with that 100%! The exhibition was a good idea but the compos were just non existent! no-one had a clue what was going on! I thought it was a come and look at my mame pc in action or something like that! No-one bothered with the C64 tournament either, I guess the attention was elsewhere on the main event: the concert!

I vote for an all day event like brighton again! What does everyone else think? Although a free venue in somerset does sound appealling although its a hell of a trek and the travelling expenses could be a bit too much lol!

Maybe we can get some opinion polls going to get some statistics?

Could we see a colaboration between Retrovision and the Bitlive team? safey in numbers me thinks!!!!!! :D

ITS BACK WITH A BANG!
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Such a collaboration has been suggested by other than me and talks as i understand it are in progress. At Brighton, basicly things fell appart because people let Chris down hance no competition... in fact there was almost no Commodore 64's either...

Teh saviours of the day event were Subzero and the Mame Cab, the central coffee area, and Jeff (Octave Sounds) in the corner jamming away... couple of stalls helped too... t-shirts, bouff, cd's, ambient mellow stuff, Chris's brothers photo journalism.... there was quite a lot happening really, just not what was planned.

As for Somerset - well id certainly be willing to make the journey, but it would mean tight co-ordination of the artists arrival times and getting packed onto a single large bus for the rest of the trip. Obviously the more money we can raise, the more we can spend - that could mean more artists, 2 days of happenings, possible 2 concerts rather than just 1 to get thru more material, day events could be totally c64 one day and totally retro arcade / consoles the next.... Also you could have competitions running the first day and prize giving the 2nd day....

Plus its a free venue, so thatll save some cash, itll be definately close and personal, rooms on site or nearby with plenty of pubs around for a jolly piss up or to take a break from proceedings - knowing full well that theres so much happening, a 2 hour break wont mean missing much :)

Maybe im over the top, dunno, but its certainly what id like to see .... theres a good amount of miggy peeps show up as well as miggy musicians and fans, so i see no good reason not to exploit that - how long since folks brought an A500 with portable tv and fired up D-Copy lol ...

Bands are already playing miggy tunes and arcade tunes as well as the c64 stuff - so why not just have a blow out and cover everything retro but focus on the C64 / 8bit stuff !! The more we can pack in, the more interest there will be and the more should in theory attend !!

C64 is great, but limiting it to just that limits the audience too - make it a little more wide ranging and attract a larger crowd... especially since Chris may not be running it hence it shouldnt be strictly limited to c64.

If us brits take our machines along like ya basic puter club as they used to be in the early 90's .... that will take the stress off of the organiser to provide units too....

Just my thoughts on what to me would be the IDEAL event.

I had a C64 first then graduated to Amiga - so im kinda a both worlds guy rather than dedicated to one or the other.
SIR'86
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by SIR'86 »

Another venue worth considering is the former Sheffield Museum for Popular Music.

It's since been sold to Sheffield Halam University for their student union, but allegedly they're also hiring it out for concerts. I went there for a Christmas party a couple of years ago, and it'd make an excellent venue, especially as it was designed with music in mind.
-- Steve

SIR'86
Old Time C64 Artist.
Sir's C64 Art Gallery
RetroMarkie
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by RetroMarkie »

http://www.georgehotelfrome.co.uk is the URL for the Somerset venue.

If you follow the granary link you will see the venue itself. It looks smaller than it really is. Believe me it's a great venue and a balcony too...

To give you an idea of scale on October 1,2,3 there is a LAN party happening there with 165 machines linked... they may give you an idea of size + I got 160 odd folk + a full Retrovision + 8 PC Lan + 2 shops and there was still space to spare.

Anyone in the area on Oct 1,2,3 should pop along and see me for the full tour.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Can I just point out that next year in July is the retro expo, which is everything the Brighton day event should have been PLUS a concert element (not 4 hours tho!!). And it's over a full weekend. Matthew Smith will even be there! I went last year and had great fun.
http://www.cgexpo-uk.com

Let's all just be there for that in 2005, and work towards something of our own in 2006 (TBA/TBC/MFI/FBI).

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> Teh saviours of the day event were Subzero and the Mame Cab,
The C64s we did have were supplied at very short notice by Allan Bairstow and Shaun Bebbington :) PLus the Project Galway stand was very popular.

Chris
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Ming m8 - Tell me more about Oct 1,2,3 .....

Chris - Yes, the Galway stall WAS very popular, maybe it was the signed c64 cadaver too - that attracted a lot of attention.

So, unofficially, we can do the CGI-Epo next July as a group meet and it should feel a bit like a bitlive. RIGHT IM THERE !