Back in Time Live 2007 - official thread

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

beyond wrote:Matrix, I think this pitch is so much better. But that's me.
Actually, that's me too, because I agree.

I think that design looks better, and with the suggestions by Beyond I think it would kick rump!
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Boy I'm glad I've got all you guys :)
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Probably better doing away with the koala thing altogether, I think the logo would now look better as plain white faced.

Last edited by Matrix on 29/09/2006 - 18:08, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Is it clear enough that it's a musical event?

Chris
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Probably better doing away with the koala thing altogether, I think the logo would now look better as plain white faced if the loading bars are behind it.

Musical event... where :lol:
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

How about "8-Bit DJs On the Cutting Edge" or something? We're missing the vital piece of information "DJs". Plus it should be "Jeroen Tel, DJ Skitz, and 8-Bit Weapon" because that's the likely order of performance.

(btw: this poster may actually be sent out by email to quite a few people).

Chris
Last edited by Chris Abbott on 29/09/2006 - 18:13, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

See what I mean about the white.

(EDIT) - see's chris's post, changes text, replaces pic.

@Chris:

Just a thought, but, at this stage we are only 4 or 5 changes away from the DVD sleeve. Why not just use that PSD file, remove the 4 photos, and edit in somone scratching some decks instead ? I'm sure craig will have kept the file; and it's in keeping with the style people are used to.

It's a shame because I really wanted to get away from the "blue and white manual" look, and go with the look you liked back on page 4, which we have now completely killed off (with the exception of the koala'd 64), which, im sorry to say, leaves it right back at kenz's or craig's door :\ unless someone else wants to have a crack at it.

That said, while writing this I was considering your words about it saying it's a musical event, and I have an idea... will post it later on - kind of a merge of the two if you will.... with an added idea or two.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Nevermind, doesn't work, the 2 styles clash like a bad spectrum game :lol: *cough* anyway...
just doesn't "look" right... theo's right you need something in there, but you also need
to be able to get across the message of the poster. Especially with only a couple
of passing seconds to do it in.

* EYECATCH * - * BAM * - * they look at the details then *
Lose that momentary spark, and you lose a possible attendee.

Here's a rubbish attempt at mixing the two in black and blue (much like my brain
at this late hour
) :lol:

Over to yous guys... looks like the manual look (craig / kenz / theo) or the demo look (see page 4). Can't seem to make em gel together :( - I think you definately need the text on there actually telling what the thing is about though. Unlike a cd, there's nothing tangable, tactile to take a pic of to sell the poster... unless you plan on actually selling some 64's *chortle* :lol:

Hell even I can't decide what's gonna be good for this anymore :oops: .... The balls in your court lads :) - Some good options on the table :)
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

Matrix, I think it is really going somewhere now :)

There is a serious problem as Chris said. It does not signal "music event."

Wild suggestion: how about something like this (I threw it together using 15 minuttes and the mousepad on my laptop, so you may laugh at it all you can :) )

Maybe not the best idea I ever had, but here you have it.

-Theo
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Well, that would do it for me - it says C64 and it says DJ and it says Music :) Replace the C64 with that and we don't need that other text, make the date the same font as "Processor Punk" but bigger and we're almost there :)

We were never going with the DVD cover for this one though: after all, this is rebooting the concept of BIT Live, not slavishly copying it.

One mini problemette, which is that the positioning of the logos makes it look like it was organised by Slay Radio, and there's no URL in the smallprint (actually, we can probably start using "backintimelive.com" URL for this one.

Chris
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Chris Abbott wrote:Well, that would do it for me - it says C64 and it says DJ and it says Music :) Replace the C64 with that and we don't need that other text, make the date the same font as "Processor Punk" but bigger and we're almost there :)

We were never going with the DVD cover for this one though: after all, this is rebooting the concept of BIT Live, not slavishly copying it.

One mini problemette, which is that the positioning of the logos makes it look like it was organised by Slay Radio, and there's no URL in the smallprint (actually, we can probably start using "backintimelive.com" URL for this one.

Chris
See what ya mean about the slay radio logo... see what can be done bout that. I'll pit the URL on it.
beyond wrote:Matrix, I think it is really going somewhere now :)

There is a serious problem as Chris said. It does not signal "music event."

Wild suggestion: how about something like this (I threw it together using 15 minuttes and the mousepad on my laptop, so you may laugh at it all you can :) )

Maybe not the best idea I ever had, but here you have it.

-Theo
LOVE that Theo m8, not sure how you got the perspectives so frik-perfect though, but that image really works for me !
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Ok, cleaned up the deck and tightened the edges, added the red LED and logo color. Also mixed the blue and black background. Added detail below, URL as requested and a "listen in" line for slay radio.

Advice... don't work on projects, a little tipsy and tired at silly o'clock in the morning... :oops:

Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Now look at what they come up with if you don't watch closely...
Nice ideas, guys! The record player is really ingenious! :D
All is lost.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

I wonder if "Funk" would sound better than "Punk" ?

EDIT:

Ok, next try, enhanced the leading letters in size a bit, changed punk to funk, and swept some of that koala smoke over and behind the keyboard.

BTW Chris, on that URL:
Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: phone in /home/c64audio/public_html/bitlive.php on line 3
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Matrix wrote:I wonder if "Funk" would sound better than "Punk" ?

EDIT:

Ok, next try, enhanced the leading letters in size a bit, changed punk to funk, and swept some of that koala smoke over and behind the keyboard.

BTW Chris, on that URL:
Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: phone in /home/c64audio/public_html/bitlive.php on line 3
Assume that will be corrected soon :)

Maybe "Processor Funk" is less scary, though it loses its alliteration. Ideas?

I think the smoke was better the previous way.

Also, there's still too much info down below. Maybe we should remove the three logos at the bottom, and choose between either "8-bit DJs" and "Processor Funk" as the main subheading. I'm not sure we need to put "Live and Reloaded" now either. We can put 7pm - late in after the date, perhaps?

So the small text would be:

The Spitz, Old Spitalfields Market, E1

Starring....

i.e. we've reduced it to two lines.

And I think this is the wrong place for the "SLay Radio" link: that can go on the BIT Live site itself. That should give us some clean space.

Anyone think we should put a ticket hotline number on?

Chris