It's a kinda Tragic Show - Saturday 15th May

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Paul Chapman wrote:Though, if Law is still at the helm, it would probably be a rout. Town brought in a failure and got a failure so the sooner that Law gets sacked, the better.... :evil:

Paul
Your team is managed by a character from Tekken? No wonder they're not playing very well :wink:
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

merman wrote:
Paul Chapman wrote:Though, if Law is still at the helm, it would probably be a rout. Town brought in a failure and got a failure so the sooner that Law gets sacked, the better.... :evil:

Paul
Your team is managed by a character from Tekken? No wonder they're not playing very well :wink:
:roll:

I don't think my aching sides can take it for much longer.... :wink:

Paul
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I canna Tekkenomore Cap'n...
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

Chris Abbott wrote:I canna Tekkenomore Cap'n...
*groan*

Right, seeing as it's now resembling a free-for-all gag fest, can anyone do worse than Chris' effort? I very much doubt it... :)

Best effort gets a slap with a wet haddock.... *

Paul

* R.I.P. Harry The Haddock
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

dan gillgrass wrote:Hee hee, I had forgotten about Eurovision, me and Tas are more than a match for Terry Wogan :)
But not Lorraine Kelly though, Dan!!

Anyway, maybe you should rig up World Games and play it live, just think of the fun you could have:

Barrel Jumping:
"Three barrels, surely? Oooooh, I think he might have cleared it, and he has! Three barrels.."

Cliff Diving:
"Ouch, his bollocks have taken punishment there as he hit the rocks balls first.."
"He's bellyflopped in, who does he think he is, Bobby Davro?"

Sumo Wrestling:
"It's Paul Gascoigne versus Fat B'stard from Austin Powers, just look at those lumps of lard. Anyone would think they've just signed for Grimsby Town or something" ;)

Caber Toss
"Lovely knee high socks as well..
It's a massive one!"

Just, you know, for entertainment's sake..
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Hehe. Reminds me of a school trip. A summer evening, the girls in their dorm, a tape recorder running, me providing a commentary... The most unforgettable phrase of the evening?

"And the ripped trousers are on the bed"

On that note, I draw a veil of secrecy over the whole event...
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

wazzaw wrote:
dan gillgrass wrote:Hee hee, I had forgotten about Eurovision, me and Tas are more than a match for Terry Wogan :)
Sumo Wrestling:
"It's Paul Gascoigne versus Fat B'stard from Austin Powers, just look at those lumps of lard. Anyone would think they've just signed for Grimsby Town or something" ;)
I'm officially sulking now.... :evil: :wink:

Paul
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

hehe, and i never said that ;)
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

Tas wrote:hehe, and i never said that ;)
It would only have been a matter of time. :wink:

The only consolation for me is that Rushden, Notts County and Wycombe were even more crap than Grimsby. That's some seriously bad football being served up if Town's games were anything to go by.

I have a feeling we will do exactly what Doncaster did and drop into the Conference then back into the league.....only I don't see it happening in 5 years - more like 10 :)

Back-to-back promotions doesn't look likely either so this could be the kick up the arse that Town need to turn things around before it gets to the stage of Conference footy coming to Blundell Park. The average crowd size (about 3,000) is similar to the Conference anyway so we're halfway there already. :D

Paul
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

eeak! don't start talking conference mate. Thats one place you do not want to go. Hopefully you'll be alright in Div 3. Getting out of the conference is a right bastard as carlise and york will find out.

strange really, who would have thought Doncaster would be above Grimsby several years ago?

oh and don't be suprised too much if we make it 3 on the bounce. The john ryan express has only just left the station ;)
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

heh i look forward to seeing u sitting unhappily just one shy of relegation 2 seasons from now in div1 neil :-) just so i can keep taking the piss..
being a chelsea fan i get to do that sorta thing hehe.

but i digress.. shame ol grimsby went bye bye.. but they'll be back next year all teams have bad seasons... except manchester utd..arsenal... madrid... um.. think ill shut up now.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

hehe, Inf if we are just one shy of relegation from div 1 in two seasons time mate, i'll be over the moon pal ;) Certainly not unhappy.

anyway you glory supporter, you don't know what success is pal... When you've been nearly the bottom of the conference, 4 players on the books, no kit (borrowed from sheff united), no goal posts, A chairman who burns down your stadium then to reach the hights of division 2 after 2 successive promotions, a new stadium in 2 years time, going from 800 supporters to 11,000 all in the space of 5 years then you know what success is and what football is all about ;)

so sorry there's nothing Chelsea can do to beat that ;)

so ner ner ;)
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

they can come 2nd in the premiership so ner to you n'all ya big poofta!

lolol.
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

Tas wrote:eeak! don't start talking conference mate. Thats one place you do not want to go. Hopefully you'll be alright in Div 3. Getting out of the conference is a right bastard as carlise and york will find out.

strange really, who would have thought Doncaster would be above Grimsby several years ago?

oh and don't be suprised too much if we make it 3 on the bounce. The john ryan express has only just left the station ;)
Yeah, I know I shouldn't be thinking about Conference football for Town. The disaster that this season was for Town has made my confidence in them to stay in Div 3 very weak indeed.

I certainly never thought that Doncaster would be in Div 2 so quickly from when the problems were there with the chairman burning down the stadium and the lack of players.

My Dad (Rovers supporter man & boy)was obviously not a happy bunny through all this and that Channel 5 documentary on Doncaster when the problems were happening just made it worse for him. Now, of course, I can't shut him up about Donny...that sound familiar to anyone here? :wink:

And yes, I do see Doncaster challenging to get into Div 1 next season. They're that good.....

Paul
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

I dunno inf, if rovers came 2nd in the premiership i don't think it'd ever reach the same feel good factor as the year we got promoted from the conference. Mind you the golden goal winner which clinched it for us was a bit dramatic. Playoffs are scarey, it was the first time i've ever whitnessed them first hand and boy if we never go through that again i'll be happy. When the goal went in i fought hard not to shed a tear with all that had happened years earlier, and i looked around me and saw nearly 11 thousand Donny fans all in tears. I doubt any experience in the future will beat that feeling at stoke. Although the penalty shoot out against chester in the semi's came close ;)

Paul: Do you see Grimsby rebuilding from this relegation, or do you reckon next year will be another season of struggle?