Back In Time Lite / RV Mini September 2005 in MANCHESTER!

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Tas wrote:Manchester is problematic?

How comes DHS?

Massive airport there, and ofcourse i think there's cheap flights from italy to the massively titled: Doncaster, Sheffield Robin Hood International Airport.
No direct flights from here (no frills) :(
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

One word of caution from someone who actually comes from the Manchester area: the pub the venue's happening in is, to be honest, not the easiest to find location. Check out the Multimap map:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi? ... &pc=M350NA

For most people travelling from central Manchester, the best bet is the 82 bus that goes from Oldham Street (just across from Piccadilly Gardens) and after about 4 miles or so, get off at the stop near Poplar Street (just before the junction with A663 Broadway). Walk down Poplar Street (you'll see Morrisons on your left, if I remember) and go over the humpback bridge. Then at the bottom of this road, do a left/right to get to Greaves Avenue.

Provided I'm going, I'll be quite happy to meet up with people in Manchester and show them the way. I can arrange that with anyone if required.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> the pub the venue's happening in is, to be honest, not the easiest
> to find location.
Yep, sorry about that. Thanks Waz :)

We'll have to set up an "I'm lost!" helpline on the day or something...
Perhaps put the phone number on the back of the tickets.

Chris
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Cheap flights to Manchester

Post by Waz »

Here's a current list of budget airlines as far as I know:

BMIBaby (http://www.bmibaby.com/) fly to Manchester terminal 1 from:

Alicante
Belfast
Bordeaux
Cork
Jersey
Knock
Malaga
Murcia
Palma (Mallorca)
Prague

Jet2 (http://www.jet2.com/) fly to Manchester terminal 1 from:

Edinburgh
London Gatwick
Amsterdam
Budapest
Geneva
Nice
Venice
Pisa (Florence)
Valencia
Alicante
Murcia
Malaga
Faro

EasyJet (http://www.easyjet.com/) fly to Liverpool John Lennon airport (35 miles from Manchester) from:

Alicante
Amsterdam
Barcelona
Basel
Belfast
Berlin (Schonenfeld)
Cologne/Bonn
Geneva
Madrid
Malaga
Nice
Palma Mallorca
Paris CDG

Also, Maersk Air (http://www.maersk-air.com/) fly to Manchester from Copenhagen, current return price (leaving Fri 9th, return Sun 11th) is 974 DKK. Get booking!
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sidman 64 »

Just to let you all know that the venue is actually very easy to find, not as stated above.
From Manchester city centre, you can either get a taxi at a cost of around £6, which will take around 7 -10 mins, or you can get the no82 bus as stated by Waz, which goes from Manchester city centre - to - Oldham.
This will cost you around £1.30 and take about 15 minutes to where you will need to get off, which is at Broadway in Failsworth.

By car from the south, come up the M6 and take exit 19 for Manchester M56, When you come onto the M56 drive for about 5 mile then take the M60 to Stockport, when you are on the M60 stay on here till the exit for Oldham exit 15.
Drive up the slip road and take the left turn towards Manchester, you are now on Oldham Road, drive down for 1 mile and take the left onto Popular Street as stated by Waz above, then follow what he as said to the venue.

It really is very easy to drive to, by train, by Air & by bus.
It's not in the centre of town, it also has free car parking for around 20 cars and the room is BIG and the beer is good and cheap " £1.80 for a pint of carling" - not like St Lukes £3 a bottle and it took 4 bottles to measure a pint !!!! = £12. :shock:
I have booked this venue on behalf of Chris & Markie, and I also live in Failsworth so I know all the routes.

Nearer to the date I will give my mobile number so if anyone is getting a bit lost I will direct u in !!!!. "Fuck I hope that's not lots of you" :lol:
I will also put the easiest to find map on here from the Centre of Manchester, Manchester Airport & from the M6 around Stoke on Trent area to the venue.

So get buying those tickets as it's going to be a great day and by night a kick-ass concert - with a great P.A & kick-ass Lighting & effects!!!! :D :D

Oh and don't forget the launch of the very much awaited release of the B.I.T DVD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. 8)

Hope this help's

Danceaway 8)
RetroMarkie
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by RetroMarkie »

also, if you guys found your way to Frome for the last RV this is a piece of piss :-)
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

danceaway wrote:Jyou can get the no82 bus as stated by Waz, which goes from Manchester city centre - to - Oldham.
The sign on the front of the bus will actually say Waterhead via Oldham, as that's where it ends up. But that's the bus you need. Or for that matter, any of these others:

The 82 is the most frequent though.

This map will help everyone travelling from the city centre by bus:
http://www.gmpte.com/pdfmaps/network9.pdf

The stop before Broadway you need to get off is clearly marked.
danceaway wrote: By car from the south, come up the M6 and take exit 19 for Manchester M56, When you come onto the M56 drive for about 5 mile then take the M60 to Stockport, when you are on the M60 stay on here till the exit for Oldham exit 15.
Slight correction here:

M6 to junction 19 (signposted Manchester A556 (M56))
Follow A556 for 3 miles to roundabout and turn right onto M56 (junction 7) (Manchester)
M56 to junction 3 (M56/M60 Stockport) - take LEFT lane!
Follow M56 to end and join M60 at end of M56 (M60 junction 4)
Follow M60 through Stockport and carry on to junction 22. Turn left at lights for A62 Manchester.
NOTE: going anticlockwise, junction numbers go down to junction 1 (Stockport West A5145) then next junction is junction 27 (Stockport East A560) so carry on down till 22..
Just after lights for Broadway (A663) turn left into Poplar Street... etc
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Hope I'll make it, but really can't say. :(

All I can say is GO IF YOU CAN! You owe yourself that!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Makke wrote:Hope I'll make it, but really can't say. :(

All I can say is GO IF YOU CAN! You owe yourself that!
Well, we're praying with an all-night vigil that Makke can attend his own CD launch party ;-)

Chris
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

If I'm unemployed, money would be an issue. If I get a job, time would probably be an issue. :|

Lät's håp för di bäst!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Makke wrote:If I'm unemployed, money would be an issue. If I get a job, time would probably be an issue. :|

Lät's håp för di bäst!
Sounds like you've got issues... ;-)

But remember, this is a weekend. You can fly Saturday, come back Sunday. Who are all these people who don't get weekends off? :)

Chris
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Chris Abbott wrote:But remember, this is a weekend. You can fly Saturday, come back Sunday. Who are all these people who don't get weekends off? :)
Yes. I'll probably not work weekends anyway, but I never take anything for granted.

As soon as I do reality breaks down...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Makke wrote:
Chris Abbott wrote:But remember, this is a weekend. You can fly Saturday, come back Sunday. Who are all these people who don't get weekends off? :)
Yes. I'll probably not work weekends anyway, but I never take anything for granted.

As soon as I do reality breaks down...
No it *last call for flight 687 for Rome gate 56 * doesn't :)

Chris
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Chris Abbott wrote:
Makke wrote:If I'm unemployed, money would be an issue. If I get a job, time would probably be an issue. :|

Lät's håp för di bäst!
Sounds like you've got issues... ;-)

But remember, this is a weekend. You can fly Saturday, come back Sunday. Who are all these people who don't get weekends off? :)

Chris
pilots? ;)
StormKeeper
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by StormKeeper »

Ah nuts, hold it when I plan to be in the US why don't you? :P

Ah well, I'll have to make it another time then...