QuadraSID

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

the reFX site has a forum where you can report bugs.
Post your (reproducible) bugs there and Mike will take a look into them for sure.

On my side, with cubase, i never ever had any problem like those described.

ciao.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
io
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by io »

Tonka wrote:
If you're using Sonar, take a good look at the 'Dreamstation' synth that ships with it. It can produce C64 sounds effortlessly, and I recall that the original soundbank was programmed by an X-C64 composer (though I can't remember for the life of me who it was)...

If you want me to upload the sounds (if they don't ship with the Sonar version), let me know.

The only thing it can't do is the drums and arps of course, but maybe your sequencer can compensate for that :)

Tonka
Hey that sounds great! I've used the DS2 for basic analouge sounds, and indeed it is shipped with Sonar 2>. But I believe I'm missing the sounds you are mentioning.. Gonna have a look around. If I don't find them I would really appreciate if you could help me out getting them!

Cheers!
You succeded in demolishing the communication setup, cutting off the enemy from rescue.
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

@ io.

No problem. You can get a taste of the sounds from the demo version of Dreamstation (tracker version), here: http://www.audio-simulation.de/download ... tation.exe

I think saving of sounds etc is disabled though, so you won't be able to import them into DS2 from the demo :( Let me know if you find them somewhere in Sonar (some of the presets are named 'C64 Bass' etc, so it will be obvious if you do find them)! :)

Tonka