Effects in music...

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Effects in music...

Post by Razmo »

Yes you are right again... I don't understand why people would want to buy the ultimate synth keyboard... and nothing else... in these machines, while being good machines, there are always restrictions and the FX section is usualy one of them, lacking in sheer quality... That is why I'm collecting specialized synths for my studio... I want to be able to do everything, but with the best of the best... I've tried to find machines that does not do the same thing and do what they do to the max, and I believe I'm well covered (though my wallet say otherwise :roll: ) ... but what the hell!... some guys spend all their money on their car, even though they could get from A to B with just a simple little car... I use my money on hardware music gear... it's my life, my love so why not? :)

And tomorrow I'll be picking up this baby at the post office! ... it's time to get groovy with my Machinedrum SPS-1! 8)

Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Dees Productions
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Dees Productions »

Wow! You have to tell me about that sexy machine. I have heard a lot about it. Would be a nice to hook it up with a Kaospad :) Just to see what kind of crazy, speaking about "effects" it's possible to do.
I still want to get a Kaospad III, so if you have one it would be really cool if you could share the silver from it, so to say :)
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Dees:

I asume you mean the Elektron Machinedrum? .. it's a blast!.. very intuitive to work with without stopping creativity... I had the Waldorf Rack Attack once, but it's too complicated to change sounds in a kit... SPS-1 is waaaay better for that! was lucky to find one used in good condition for only half the price of a new one... they are pretty expensive.

I never had a Kaos Pad actually, but they look really cool... only prob is that I have no space for more control gear :lol: ... The PadKontrol does have an XY pad though, so I'm pretty well covered, taken into account that I have an XY pad on my KORG Z1 synth keyboard as well :roll: ... I just wanted to be able to make live drumgrooves, and the PadKontrol has gotten pretty rave reviews as being very responsive.
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Dees Productions
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Dees Productions »

Yes Elektron Machinedrum.
Heh, I am beginning to get a bit sleepy here :)
Oh yeah, that's also a good thing when you have a specific effect to create the kind of effect you want to have. Then you can control it just the way you want, without having the "Okay but is that possible and where do I change that, oh It's not mentioned in the manual" or Even worse you know it's possible but then there's just THAT little but ack so frustrating parameter you can't change and there you sit with your "band in a gear" -machine.
It's so kewl to know(yes I am very sure by now :)) there are some guys who really know use their gears, than to just let them feel alone in the basement.
:lol: