Back In Time Lite / RV Mini September 2005 in MANCHESTER!

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

i was hoping crawling distance might help ;)
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

According to Multimap, it's 2 miles. Not hopeful, but maybe there's something closer...
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

so how are ticket sales going then? or are people going to be kicking themselves?
badfreddy

Post by badfreddy »

all I can say is WHY FAILSWORTH ? have you ever been there ?
there are loads of venues in the city center

tonight in manchester
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

badfreddy wrote:all I can say is WHY FAILSWORTH ? have you ever been there ?
there are loads of venues in the city center

tonight in manchester
Yes, but they're mostly too expensive, inflexible and up their own arses. We needed to control costs on this one, and most clubs (if they'll allow you to do anything at the weekend at all, which is rare) will charge the earth for the privilege. Danceaway found us a club with a lot of room and nice acoustics for a price we could afford. The glamorous locations nearly bankrupted us last time.

Chris
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Chris Abbott wrote: Yes, but they're mostly too expensive, inflexible and up their own arses.
Sadly true of so many venues, and not just in Manchester I should add.

I have to agree with Chris: it's worth being slightly out of town in terms of less costs, good acoustics, and a more down to earth atmos.

Not just that either, but for those who are keen on the odd drink or two, prices for beer out of town are way cheaper, thus meaning hard earned cash can be spent on CDs and DVDs keeping the likes of Chris in business.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

TRANSPORT:

Ill be attending the gig and coming in the car, Ill be there the full 2 days.

= SO =

Knock a tenner off the taxi costs per person and ill ferry people to and from the airport.

The curry mile has been mentioned too, its no secret im not into currys, but im happy to taxi the "MILE" as its called, i just need an appropriate map of the area. Quid per person each way should do it.

My car will seat 4 people legally.... and 5 if you promise not to claim against me should we crash and have some limbs severed ;)

I dont mind my mobile number being printed on the back of the ticket, for now, mail me if you want to pre-book a pickup for upto 3 people MAXIMUM to be taken to the event or your hotel.

Im not familiar with the area, but will have a map on hand, please ensure you have the full address of your hotel, and a printed map via multimap or whatever, with the start point as the airport (terminal 2 i assume).

Curious ? mail me. Zen(NOSPAM)22805@zen.co.uk
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

Travel... uhm... heh.

*panic*

Er.

Uhm...

*wanders off in search of his Space Hopper*
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk
RetroMarkie
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by RetroMarkie »

just booked my train tickets, up Friday morning and back on Monday lunch time . . . :-)
Vandal
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Vandal »

Oooh this weird.

I was sat here listening to some C64 music and did a search on Martin Galway. Came across some pics of previous BIT Live concerts and wished one was coming to Manchester. Next link BAM! There's the flyer for this one. Not only that but I was part of a fund raiser for cancer last weekend that ended at this pub, the Avenue! I never knew about his place even though I only live 2 mins up the road in Newton Heath. If that ain't fate setting me up to come to this thing, then I dunno what is!

Anyhoo, gonna book soon. What happens at these doobries? This'll be me 1st one so not a clue. Any famous peeps there (Galway, Hubbard etc). Would love to meet them. I was forever getting bollocked off me mam for constantly humming their tunes as a kid (35 now).

Aaah them were the days.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Vandal wrote:Any famous peeps there (Galway, Hubbard etc)
There might be.... (Ben Daglish and Jon Hare are pretty famous!!)

If you can get more people to come, that would be great!

Basically you play games, sit around drinking and having fun, and then watch a kick ass concert you won't believe :)

Then the next day you do the first two things again...

Chris
Vandal
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Vandal »

Aaah sweet. Jon Hare of Sensible soccer fame. Played that for months, gotta be worth going to meet him. Sounds good to me, see you all there!

:D
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

No Fred Gray or Richard Joseph, Chris?

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

dan gillgrass wrote:No Fred Gray or Richard Joseph, Chris?
Fred's pretty much gone retro-wise, haven't heard from him for ages (though will try again soon). RJ: well, it might happen. Jon Hare was keen for him to go, and he was wanting to go.

Gonna try for some others as well.

Chris
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Chris Abbott wrote:
dan gillgrass wrote:No Fred Gray or Richard Joseph, Chris?
Fred's pretty much gone retro-wise, haven't heard from him for ages (though will try again soon). RJ: well, it might happen. Jon Hare was keen for him to go, and he was wanting to go.

Gonna try for some others as well.

Chris
Thats a shame about Fred.. when i spoke with fred i found him to be very much a gentleman and a very nice man to boot with great taste in chandeliers (lman will know what i mean with that last remark:) )