Back in Time Live 2007 - official thread

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Matrix wrote:The latest.. (looks a 'BIT packed imho)... hehe

I'm VERY unsure of the J.Tel logo and how it fits in... advice plz.
I think logos down the sides and info down the middle would look better than overlapping.
I think it was better with a plain black at the sides (maybe a star BG) as opposed to the grey 'trix' visuals dropping, really clutters it up.
Benn toon, looks good in closeup but obvously unconfirmed, use "slightly irate fiddler" too ? ;) or neither...
Unsure of the size and location of the date also.
Thought i'd make the addy into a sort of sine-scroller effect, looks good, but, position ?

Bear in mind this is all really rough atm... I have the reloaded from the 'trix movie poster but I was unsure of its font suitability in the overall scheme of things (1980's etc).

Thoughts ?

Thanks Andy!

Ben and Fiddler aren't featured performers at this event, so yeah, we should remove the caricatures.

Technically the event is "Back in Time Live: Reloaded". Can we throw that to a vote? Do people prefer "Live and Reloaded"?

Seth Sternberger is covered by 8-bit weapon, so doesn't need to be there.

Can we call him "Skitz @ Spitz"? Skitz, are you OK being on the poster?
We can probably get rid of the bottom "Back In Time Live and Reloaded" text at the bottom to clean up... we'll need a hotline number and website to buy tickets..

I think you might be right that the logos are causing trouble: maybe we should move to just big text and a decent font for "8-Bit Weapon" and "Jeroen Tel"?

Should we decide on a consistent font for the artistsm the ticket price and the date?

What kind of fonts did they use in C64 demos with that kind of background?

Any other comments? Come on, don't be shy :)

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Chris Abbott wrote:
Matrix wrote:The latest..(insert lots, see previous post)
Thanks Andy!

Ben and Fiddler aren't featured performers at this event, so yeah, we should remove the caricatures.

Technically the event is "Back in Time Live: Reloaded". Can we throw that to a vote? Do people prefer "Live and Reloaded"?

Seth Sternberger is covered by 8-bit weapon, so doesn't need to be there.

Can we call him "Skitz @ Spitz"? Skitz, are you OK being on the poster?
We can probably get rid of the bottom "Back In Time Live and Reloaded" text at the bottom to clean up... we'll need a hotline number and website to buy tickets..

I think you might be right that the logos are causing trouble: maybe we should move to just big text and a decent font for "8-Bit Weapon" and "Jeroen Tel"?

Should we decide on a consistent font for the artistsm the ticket price and the date?

What kind of fonts did they use in C64 demos with that kind of background?

Any other comments? Come on, don't be shy :)

Chris
>> toons be gawne baby !! yowah..
>> *awaits name vote*
>> Seths name be outta dare init !
>> If we use a skitz pic, may I suggest in just greys ? it's kind of in holding with the look of the time.
>> Text at bottome Zipped right Outta dare init' !
>> text not log's - better imho...
>> bitmap stylee fnots - well, got 200 or so of em to choose from :lol: many from the period, so maybe just a question of settling on one that looks the part.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

further answers to Matrix's questions:

Once the bottom of the poster has the event logo removed, there's more space to put the address and a line of contact blurb. I don't think we need the sinewave, though the idea is clever, it's probably not necessary, especially if we settle on the fonts.

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Don't think we should have any photos on there... that way lies messiness :)

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Chris Abbott wrote:Don't think we should have any photos on there... that way lies messiness :)

Chris
Incidentally, Andy, when did you move to Harlem? :)

Chris
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Chris Abbott wrote:
Chris Abbott wrote:Don't think we should have any photos on there... that way lies messiness :)

Chris
Incidentally, Andy, when did you move to Harlem? :)

Chris
Influences in da musikz on da radio init' ! Rapeeeeeeeeeed ! Large !
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

Chris Abbott wrote:Anyway, now it's come up, "SID and the city" doesn't suck, but I think "Reloaded" works better since (a) it gives us many more artwork ideas and (b) goes well with "8-bit weapon" being the headline act. Sounds punchier and more robust.
And what do you do with weapons? Well, you SLAY stuff. =)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Slaygon wrote:
Chris Abbott wrote:Anyway, now it's come up, "SID and the city" doesn't suck, but I think "Reloaded" works better since (a) it gives us many more artwork ideas and (b) goes well with "8-bit weapon" being the headline act. Sounds punchier and more robust.
And what do you do with weapons? Well, you SLAY stuff. =)
/me has dreamy look

Yes, it was meant to be.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Slay Radio logo on there then ?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Matrix wrote:Slay Radio logo on there then ?
Um, perhaps opposite the "Spitz" logo on the other side? Can we mention C64Audio.com somewhere? Not necessarily with a logo...
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Chris Abbott wrote:
Um, perhaps opposite the "Spitz" logo on the other side? Can we mention C64Audio.com somewhere? Not necessarily with a logo...
Sure thing ! I think it would be good to koala the first 3 logo's top right of the forum too, remiix 64 for here, c64audio for the shop, rko cos, well, it's about remixers init ! - i'd use AR too but this is a sid event rather than a mod/sample event.. unless things change.
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

Matrix wrote:I think it would be good to koala the first 3 logo's top right of the forum too,
I got an EPS for the SLAY Radio logo in case you need it. =)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Slaygon wrote:
Matrix wrote:I think it would be good to koala the first 3 logo's top right of the forum too,
I got an EPS for the SLAY Radio logo in case you need it. =)
Im working from items of around 300px across to 10x it's size on 300dpi for A3 output, so I may just be shouting for that at some point thx =D
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Matrix wrote:
Chris Abbott wrote:
Sure thing ! I think it would be good to koala the first 3 logo's top right of the forum too, remiix 64 for here, c64audio for the shop, rko cos, well, it's about remixers init ! - i'd use AR too but this is a sid event rather than a mod/sample event.. unless things change.
Well, I'm a bit wary of too many logos, even mine, but if we can fit them in neatly, it would be a show of solidarity. Maybe since AR is now Ziph's baby we can throw that in just for the hell of it :)

Koala-ing seems good.

Chris
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

*edit*
:oops: include AR, ok.. (gotta go out first tho, back in a bit)