Hello

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
betelzeus
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Hello

Post by betelzeus »

Hi,

I'm a bit new here , just signed up a few days ago, but i've been hanging around here and RKO for a while now. It was great when i first found out that people remixed old c64 songs, well still is great actually, the music brings back a lot of memories I guess.

Anyways I thought I'd give a go at trying to make a remix myself and I've been working on a couple of things lately, I was just wondering emm ... do I have to get permission from the original composer before I upload it to RKO or anywhere?

And I'd just like to say to all the remixers and original composers and all the people involved with running c64 sites ... great job fellas :D ...I have to admit that I was kinda surprised that this kinda stuff was out there ... but it's cool that it is.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> do I have to get permission from the original composer before I
> upload it to RKO or anywhere?
There's a gentleman's agreement that if it's not a commercial remix, you can upload it anywhere you want. Just go ahead.

Chris
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Welcome aboard, Fersando ! :)
All is lost.
betelzeus
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by betelzeus »

Thanks guys ... hopefully I'll get one of the remixes done sooner rather than later ... getting everything to sound alright is a pain sometimes hahah ... but still fun tho ... currently I am working on Barbarian and Bard's tale 2 , subtune 3 (i think ...) ...

I noticed on rko (if i remember correctly) it asks for a subtune when you enter the info for and upload ... I was also wondering emm ... Is it alright to combine some of the subtunes into one song? .... The thing that made me think about that is the Intro to Bard's Tale 2 ... haven't played it in a while but i think i remember it being 2 of the tunes in the sid ...i dunno just wondering I guess ...

Thanks

...(edit) ...a few hours later ...

I just listened to the clips from the Vol. 2 CD ...and well ..just found out that an orchestral version of Barbarian was already done ...and well .... a mighty good version at that (putting it very lighty heh) ... So back to working on Bard's Tale 2 i guess ...<sigh> ... not that i don't want to work on BT2 ... i just liked working on barbarian lol ....

Anyways about the CD .... WOW .... the first thing that came to mind was 'holy poopballs' .... I mean daaaamn :shock: .... i guess that says it all heh .... You guys should be working on movie soundtracks yourselves ... after hearing that cd i wouldn't be surprised if some of you already do ... I mean talk about Zimmer and Vangelis ..ect ect ....geeze ... :D
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Hey Fersando. Welcome to remix64. Thankyou very much for your kind words about remix64 Volume 2. Many of the musicians featured on the CD do infact work within the music industry in various guises..

Tom Detert : A multi platinum producer. Jan Morgenstern, Gianlucca Verregnia, Carl Larrson, Markus Holler all work as musicians within the Software industry.

As for Barbarian please don't let the v2 version put you off the track, as far as memory goes there isn't many versions of Barbarian on RKO, so it'd be great to have a FREE version. GO FOR IT :)