the aftershow-party...

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
PaPerBoy

the aftershow-party...

Post by PaPerBoy »

if i see this right, BIT 7 will end at 10pm? :cry:
the c64 club geldern (hobby2pro gamers) will book their flight to london for sat 11th 6pm. returning home will be on sun 12th 3pm.
our next question: what to do from sat 10pm to sun 3pm?? will there be enough amusement for the 2 of us to visit london? or should we cancel our journey to the depths of bitpower? is anybody out there who can give advice?
we are not really interested in b&b, except from bubble bobble 8) . will there be a party later on?
thx,
Paperboy
run for gold
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

The plan is that after the show everyone goes to "Zoobar" in the West End, which will get you to early morning on Sunday. There is a bus from outside the venue that goes past Soho and to Oxford Circus, so it's easy to get there for £1.

I have to warn you that if you arrive at the airport in London at 6pm on Saturday, you will miss most of the show!

There are other 24 hour places, Internet cafes, etc, though it's unlikely that most C64 fans have the stamina to party from 10pm -> 3pm :)

Basically, Zoobar is the place that C64 fans will meet up all weekend, and Thursday and Friday (Thursday evening, Friday afternoon and evening, probably), and most of Saturday if necessary, waiting for the show. It's about 20 minutes travel on the tube to Old Street for the show, BTW.

Chris
Mog
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Mog »

Um... not wishing to cause trouble, but upon investigation, <a href="http://www.fluidfoundation.com/venueDet ... 1039">this review</a> is not very inspiring...

Mog
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Oooh. We're going to have to think about that then aren't we? :)

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Any suggestions from personal experience, feel free! I think we went for it because it was big enough. We don't want to completely crowd out a small pub...

Chris
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Didnt some1 say sumthin about a cool skin-palace called Browns :) Mmmmmmmmmm Image
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Er, yeah, they did. Strictly extra-curricular, that is ;-) I am not having an official BIT Live Strip Club ;-)

Chris
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

Matrix wrote:Didnt some1 say sumthin about a cool skin-palace called Browns :) Mmmmmmmmmm Image
Unofficially, and I'm speaking unofficially here in an unofficial-type capacity, I'm all for it. Image

Blimey. It's no wonder I need glasses. :shock: :lol:

Paul
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Er.. OK.

We're having a rethink about the geography and stuff now. Basically: on Saturday you can either have a pub near to the venue, or you can have a pub in the exciting West End.

After the show, we're talking to "333", a club about ten minutes walk from the event about welcoming people from the concert, and maybe adding a flavour of "Back in Time Live" to the evening. That would get people to 5am on Sunday if they really wanted that!!!

The Friday pissup will almost certainly be in the West End somewhere, though if not Zoobar, then we have to work out somewhere else.

It's getting complicated, isn't it? Any other thoughts that DON'T involve strip clubs? :)

Chris
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

Chris Abbott wrote:Er.. OK.

We're having a rethink about the geography and stuff now. Basically: on Saturday you can either have a pub near to the venue, or you can have a pub in the exciting West End.

After the show, we're talking to "333", a club about ten minutes walk from the event about welcoming people from the concert, and maybe adding a flavour of "Back in Time Live" to the evening. That would get people to 5am on Sunday if they really wanted that!!!

The Friday pissup will almost certainly be in the West End somewhere, though if not Zoobar, then we have to work out somewhere else.

It's getting complicated, isn't it? Any other thoughts that DON'T involve strip clubs? :)

Chris
I don't think I can be a lot of help on this one, being not very familiar with London...well, apart from strip clubs obviously. :wink:

Paul
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

All we need is tits :)
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

DHS wrote:All we need is tits :)
ahh, it's songtitle from a lost beatles song.... :wink:

cheers ifadeo
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

I don't know about the rest of you but I'll be sipping a cold diet coke with some titties in my face at Browns at least once during the event :)
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Chris Abbott wrote:That would get people to 5am on Sunday if they really wanted that!!!
Rock n roll! the sid lifestyle!!!!!!!!!

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

From the review.....

Think of everything you could possibly hate about Leicester Square and put it into one venue. Styleless tourists, lager lads, Essex girls on heat and dismally tacky decor are all features you may have to endure if you choose to land yourself here. Sexually charged foreign girls choose Zoo (the upstairs bar) and Venom [the basement club] for its English male contingent, whose vocabulary is reassuringly uncomplicated and rarely gets past two syllables.

The interior is dark and dreary, but if it's late-night drunken debauchery you're seeking then get the lads and pay Venom a visit.

LOL, sounds perfect ;)