The Lost V8 preview

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Komet64
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

The Lost V8 preview

Post by Komet64 »

I thought I'd elbow my way in here with a preview of the remix I'm currently working on. Maybe you guys could help me out with a couple of comments and/or ideas?

http://home.student.uu.se/mali7101/outt ... review.mp3

I haven't really went through with a remix idea since... forever, so I went ahead and started on this pretty sacrilegios remake of Rob Hubbard's "The Last V8". For instance, I kind of skipped some parts. For another instance, I kind of raped the whole thing. :twisted:

Anyways, like I said I'm still only in the first stages of this remix. I still have to figure out the beginning. And the end. And the part between.

Sorry for bad production (mixing and mastering and all that) but I'm not there yet.

Thanks!

/Komet
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

A novel idea on the remix. Although many might not like it because of the drastic form, i for one think it's very inventive and unusual.
Komet64
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Komet64 »

hmm, "novel", "drastic", "inventive", "unusual"...
These words are all in the "positive" column in my adjective translation book I just made up. Weee!

Anyway, yes, the remix is not very true to the original. Be warned, you few who hasn't got out of bed 4 in the morning just to download it.

Yeah, and I slowed it down a bit. It was too fast. I couldn't play it on my banjo.

/Komet
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

lolol

got up at 4am?

lol, hadn't gone to bed in the first place... oh and it's 8am now!

think it's wise to sleep now ;)
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

I search for traces of V8 and yes, here and there are tiny bits. ;-)
Then 2:00 *Wham!* it's clear.
Very unusual but very fresh approach on it. Hoped it played a bit longer though.

As this is a preview there will be more ?! =)

Talking of being up the night: I woke up in front of my computer at 7:30 with a nasty headache cause my head rested on the mouse cord. Dunno if I switched the PC off or somebody else. :shock:
All is lost.
Komet64
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Komet64 »

Sure, I'm taking up work on it right now. It was just a preview after all.

Thanks for the kind words, Tas and Vosla! :)

And yeah I was up all night doing important stuffs!!! =)

/Komet