cool game music

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

cool game music

Post by xo »

I just installed Noone Lives Forever 2 again. I just love the music in that game. Feel free to post about games with cool music here. ;) Especially if its done by the same musician(s) that did the the soundtrack for this game. It would be cool to have C64 remixes in NOLF style. :-)
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

NOLF has a really overall cool atmosphere. And the music is a perfect fit.
Lookout for NOLF & NOLF 2 as they are out as budget games now...
All is lost.
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

YES !!!! cool game with a outstanding soundtrack.... 8)

btw. the mag pc games released in the last issue(01/04), the special
edition of NOLF for free.... ;-) ...and some other great games like:
Caesar III, Empire Earth...and more....for only € 7,99.... :shock:

cheers ifadeo
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Feekzoid »

Half Life 2 OFCOURSE!

..it actually incorporates some of the music from the first game, and some of it is really good.

I plan to upload some of it into my streaming audio broadcast that I run for me and my gaming cronies, once I've put it up I'll post an URL here, as you can request a track and it will auto queue up for ya ;)

HL2 is one of the few PC games that has notable music IMHO.

Curse of Monkey Island, The Dig, and Outlaws being other somewhat older faves.

Halo was very good too mind.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Feekzoid wrote:Curse of Monkey Island, The Dig, and Outlaws being other somewhat older faves.
Reminds me, must dig out my Outlaw CDs and mp3 the audiotracks for the iPod. Still the best FPS to date, too.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Long time since I played No One Lives Forever...I have it somewhere, better dig it out and dust it off some day when I've got the time. Excellent game, and indeed an excellent soundtrack.

As I remeber, Soldier Of Fortune had a quite interesting, but subtle orchestral score. I've been looking for it, but not found it yet. Only played through it once at a friends house.

Feekzoid: Aye, almost all LucasArts games have outstanding soundtracks! I rushed to the store to buy Outlaws when it came out, because it was an excellent game, but mainly for the soundtrack. :)
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Outlaws got a really hilarious & funny soundtrack.
As we were students, Lizardman & me were driving around with the taped soundtrack and quite irritated the regular Manta-bimbo who was used to booming bass stomps. :twisted:

"Faking the code" (John Williams, Star Wars: ROTJ Soundtrack) was also a good choice to play aloud in the car and get the people upset.
Those were funny & nerdy days... *Sigh!*
All is lost.
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

I should mention the Dune soundtrack Space Opera as well. I thought the amiga game track sounded good, then I heard the CD - wow; especially Sign of the Worm and Free Men.

I've only briefly heard the Soldier of Fortune soundtrack and then later in the form of a Bart Klepka remix which is quite nice.

As for the atmosphere of Noone Lives Forever 2 (and I'm sure 1, although I've not played it yet), it can't be conveyed without sound and animation but a fraction of the humour can. It'd be great if you could buy a double or triple pack (Noone Lives Forever 1, 2 and maybe Contract Jack although I haven't heard that good things about it.)
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Vosla wrote:Outlaws got a really hilarious & funny soundtrack.
As we were students, Lizardman & me were driving around with the taped soundtrack and quite irritated the regular Manta-bimbo who was used to booming bass stomps. :twisted:
I still have a tape of SID music in my parents car. My sister and I have this rule, that whoever is driving the car picks the music, and that SID sure bugged the crap out of her! She's got her own car now though, and she's forbidden me to play that tape in it. :|
exoskeleton wrote:I should mention the Dune soundtrack Space Opera as well. I thought the amiga game track sounded good, then I heard the CD - wow; especially Sign of the Worm and Free Men.
Yes, that is a fantastic CD by Philip Ulrich and Stephane Picq!
exoskeleton wrote:As for the atmosphere of Noone Lives Forever 2 (and I'm sure 1, although I've not played it yet), it can't be conveyed without sound and animation but a fraction of the humour can.
I never played NOLF2 because back then I didn't have the computer power to play it. Perhaps I should try to get hold of it now, because No One Lives Forever was a fresh breeze in the idea-stagnated genre of first person shooters.

If you like rock, I'd suggest having a listen to one of the later Guilty Gear soundtracks (like Guilty Gear XX The Midnight Carnival).

I hate how a lot of big games don't have any original soundtrack these days. It's all licensed tunes from popular bands. Takes the fun out of game music. :(
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Feekzoid »

http://sulacohq.dyndns.org/playlist.cgi?psearch=hl

And if you want to hear your requests, go here:

http://www.feekzoid.co.uk/phpBB2/adsl.html

Can only handle aboot 8 listeners @40k (mp3 pro tho, sounds great) - more with the 24k stream (still great, but mono) since this stream is for me and my gaming buddies, not the vast internet audience ;)
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Feekzoid »

I also have outlaws, Curse and the dig on there if ya look.
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Well Makke you should definitely get NOLF 2 and I'm sure I'll get NOLF 1. I like the music of this game more than much of the crapular, eh, popular music. I have actually heard two songs from the soundtrack of NOLF 1 and I think the NOLF 2 soundtrack is competitive in that market. There are many kinds of music in NOLF 2. I'm a fan of the title music and the music of the India level. I still need to rip it though.
Xelebes
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Xelebes »

Makke wrote:Long time since I played No One Lives Forever...I have it somewhere, better dig it out and dust it off some day when I've got the time. Excellent game, and indeed an excellent soundtrack.

As I remeber, Soldier Of Fortune had a quite interesting, but subtle orchestral score. I've been looking for it, but not found it yet. Only played through it once at a friends house.

Feekzoid: Aye, almost all LucasArts games have outstanding soundtracks! I rushed to the store to buy Outlaws when it came out, because it was an excellent game, but mainly for the soundtrack. :)
I have Soldier of Fortune II. I've been wanting to remix the main theme in electro-techno for quite a while but am having a difficulty transcribing it. I'm sure I can find the game and buy it and um.... possibly tell you how it goes... in a way... yes... *shifty eyes*
Xelebes
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Xelebes »

Forgot to note that Serious Sam 1 and 2 have some kickass tunes.

Hmm... what else has notable music...

Battlefield 1942 has nice orchestral music but the tunes only have a faint echo in my mind.
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Steve B »

i quite like the title music on deus ex (1)
I C 64 People

Computers can never replace human stupidity