A quick one (Unit A introtune from Interceptor / MARK II)

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
stainlesssteel
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

A quick one (Unit A introtune from Interceptor / MARK II)

Post by stainlesssteel »

Hi all,

i felt like doing a little mix and while wondering what to do, i decided to give the unit a intro tune another shot.

Ive allready made a version of this 1 or 2 years ago (?) but i felt this one deserved a better take. this is actually a work in progress version, but i felt like hearing what others might have to say about it.

The whole piece is still subject to heavy changes (or maybe not, who knows) im still trying variations of the leadsynth and the guitar. and it has no proper ending yet. there are still some bugs in it, i hope you dont mind to much.

http://www.ic-roedermark.de/unita.mp3
stainlesssteel
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Update

Post by stainlesssteel »

Hi again,

im not sure if anyone had a listen to it yet, but ive replaced the original posted version with an updated one. I changed the guitars slightly and replaced one of the lead synths with a electric piano.

@Romeo knight : if you read this, weisst du evtl. wie der Mark II richtig hiess ? Du warst doch damals in der Amiga-Demoscene fett dabei.
stainlesssteel
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Well ..

Post by stainlesssteel »

I replaced it again with a pretty much final version. comments are welcome.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

With some bigger, fatter drums on it, this could be really really good. Now it sounds a bit thin. It needs a big fat bdrum and snare, like Prodigy's "Diesle Power". Then it would rock.

Or maybe some more industrial drums, then it would sound a bit like Ministry.

It's still good, though, and I like those Airplane samples. ;)
stainlesssteel
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Yo

Post by stainlesssteel »

Thanks for taking the time to listen into it makke.

Hmm, maybe you would like to give me a hand on the drums. I could give you the track w/o drums and you take a shot (Seriously). Im having a bit of a hard time sometimes finding the right drums (and i usually stick with the built in 808 drums in my squencer) im lacking some good drum-vst or sample collection with decent drums.

btw: the radio sequences at the beginning are actually real. they are from us-jetpilots during the vietnam war. i found them on a site from some vietnam veteran.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Hmmm, I'm a bit swamped with stuff right now.

I'd love to give it a go if I get some spare time, though I can't make any promises. Drop me a line at makkeATc64DOTorg if you want to.